A Floating Bridge That's Had Its Day
- NEWLY OPENED HONG KONG SPAN MAY NEED A TOTAL REPAVING. Wallis, Keith // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/05/99, Vol. 242 Issue 13, p29
Reports that the Ting Kau Bridge in Hong Kong, China may have to be completely resurfaced. Length of time it has been open to traffic; Capacity of the bridge; Problem with the bridge's surface; Investigation of other related problems by the University of Hong Kong.
- Technical News. // Public Roads;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 63 Issue 4, p52
Provides information on several issues about transportation in the United States. Training session to promote heat straightening; Electrochemical chloride extraction (ECE) used by the Washington District of Columbia for bridges.
- DOT alternatives for the Tappan Zee Bridge. // Westchester County Business Journal;3/17/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p20
The article lists the alternatives of the U.S. Department of Trade (DOT) for the Tappan Zee Bridge in New York including "The No-Build Alternative," bridge rehabilitation with travel demand management and transportation and full-corridor bus rapid transit (BRT).
- L.A. bridge is all bent out of shape. Gregorski, Tim // Roads & Bridges;Dec98, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p49
Provides information on the seismic retrofit project of the I-134 Arroyo Seco Bridge in Pasadena, California in 1997. Brief background on the bridge; Business risks involved in the project; Significance of teamwork in the task.
- Composites Add Longevity to Bridges. Rochelle, Rodger D. // Public Roads;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p28
Discuses the use of fiber-reinforced polymers (FRP) to rehabilitate bridges and extend their service lives in North Carolina. Information on the state's statistics for bridges; Description of the Chatham County Bridge; Benefits of using FRP in bridge maintenance.
- Taking it to the bridge. // International Construction;Mar1999, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p74
Reports on the first major maintenance work for Portugal's government-owned Tagus Bridge, in 1999. Bridge description; Areas for repair; Project highlights; Materials to be used for the work.
- Massive Innerbelt revamp down the road. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p1
Provides information on the Ohio Department of Transportation's plan to repair and reconstruct the Innerbelt bridge in Cleveland, Ohio. Targeted date for the completion of the project; Studies made for the project; Agencies which will participate in the project; Background information on the...
- Bridge repairs on the Connecticut: Are they a sign of progress? Wood, David W. // New Hampshire Business Review;9/29/95, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p22
Reports on the condition of bridges in New Hampshire. Need for additional funding for bridge maintenance and repair; Average daily traffic count at Dalton Bridge; Cost of so-called `band-aid' repairs at the bridge; Complaints against the state Department of Transportation's handling of bridge...
- Everything in its place. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Nov2011, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on the rehabilitation of the Thomas J. Hatem Memorial Bridge located in Havre de Grace, Maryland. It details the renovation of the bridge in which it was installed with new permanent median barrier and parapet and its cracks and deteriorating structures were repaired. It also...