Hansen Accepts Defeat
- Cook County, Ill., Board Breaks With President Over Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/10/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31778, p6
Reports that the Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois, have postponed a vote on 2004 budget. Failure of board president John Stroger to gather enough votes for budget proposal; Alternatives to bring in revenue and cut expenses; Reduction of budget.
- Chicago's `Mr. President.'. Whitaker, Charles // Ebony;Apr2000, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p72
Features John H. Stroger Jr., president of the Board of Commissioners of Illinois' Cook County which includes Chicago. Hallmarks of his reign as president of the board; Details on his reputation; Statement from Stroger.
- Stroger's new deal: Running hard as a fiscal conservative. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;10/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
Focuses on the reelection bid of John Stroger as President of the Cook County Board of Commissioners in Illinois on October 1998. Proposals to manage the board presented by Stroger; Comments on the achievements of his administration in boosting budget gains.
- Hard financial facts greet new Cook chief. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/24/95, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p7
Focuses on the choices facing John Stroger as he takes over the presidency of the Cook County Board from Richard Phelan. Issues that Stroger need to address; Surplus in the 1995 fiscal budget bequeathed by the outgoing Phelan administration along with a number of underfunded projects; Political...
- Sizing up the Stroger-Pucinski race. Green, Paul M. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p14
Opinion. Comments on the possible outcome of the candidacy of John Stroger and Aurelia Pucinski for the Board of Commissioners' presidential position in Cook County, Illinois in the October 1998 elections. Factors to boost Pucinski's chance to win the elections.
- Untitled. // Human Events;1/14/94, Vol. 50 Issue 1, p19
Discusses the contest for presidency for the Cook County Board of Commissioners, Illinois. Contenders for the position; Conservative bet Joe Morris as local Ronald Reagan; Opposition to Morris' bid; Importance of getting a Republican as president of the Board.
- Success of reform depends on sacrifice. // Modern Healthcare;7/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p21
Editorial. Argues against the decision by the board of Cook County Board of Commissioners in Illinois to build a new 464-bed, $570.3 million public hospital. Existence of thousands of unfilled hospital beds in the Chicago area; Other problems which the Coo County board should look into; Cook...
- Sheriffs Initiative for Social Finance Funding Passes County Board. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;10/10/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 29, p3
The article presents information that Social Finance Funding Project was passed by the Cook County Board of Commissioners in Cook County, Illinois which was initiated by Sheriff Tom Dart to help to reduce the jail population at the Cook County Jail.
- Citizens in Action. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;12/12/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p2
The article announces the appointment of Attorney Larry Rogers as the Commissioner of the Cook County Board of Review, 3rd District in Illinois.