ESDC Panel Clears $160M in Ballpark Bonds
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Tells MLB Teams to Revise Stadium Plan. Sigo, Shelly // Bondbuyer.com;9/25/2014, p1
Palm Beach County, Fla., tells two Major League Baseball teams seeking a new $140 million spring training stadium to revise their proposal for public financing.
- MINNESOTA: Stadium Deal Cleared. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/2/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32620, p9
The article reports that the Hennepin County board in Minnesota has approved a 30-year lease with the Major League Baseball team Minnesota Twins and a $350 million bond issue to finance the team's new $522 million ballpark. The baseball team has unveiled a final design for the new 40,000-seat,...
- D.C. Baseball Stadium Lease Filed. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/30/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32308, p4
The article reports on Washington Mayor Anthony Williams' filing of a revamped lease covering the proposed bond-financed ballpark for the Washington Nationals with the District Council. The term stipulated in the lease is that Deutsche Bank AG is no longer a participant in the expected $535...
- Wayne County Brings $61M Refunding for Detroit Tigers Stadium. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/6/2012, Vol. 121 Issue 33777, p1
The article offers information that the Detroit-Wayne County, Michigan Stadium Authority is going to offer 61 million U.S. dollars of refunding bonds issued for ballpark Comerica Park, home of baseball team Detroit Tigers of the organization Major League Baseball. The bonds feature a limited-tax...
- Palm Beach County, Fla., Preps Baseball Stadium Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/13/2015, Vol. 1 Issue F344, p1
Palm Beach County, Fla. is selling bonds for its second two-team ballpark in an effort to rejuvenate Major League Baseball spring training on the state's east coast.
- Bond Plan, MLB Help Revitalizes Ballpark. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p1
Reports financial problems related to revitalization of Padres' Downtown ballpark in San Diego, California. Launching of a package to issue bonds; Contribution from Major League Baseball; Speculations of the legality of the current financial plan.
- Baseball dilemma needs quick answer. // Inside Tucson Business;2/5/96, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p4
Editorial. Comments on the on-and-off major league baseball park construction project in Tucson, Arizona. Economic impact of spring training; Planned recreational activities for facility; Protest reaction from the Innkeepers Association; Financial setbacks.
- HISTORY AND BUSCH STADIUM. // Sports Illustrated;07/08/1957, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p48
The article looks at the history of the Busch Stadium, a baseball arena in St. Louis, Missouri. The stadium was constructed in 1881, which was called as Sportsman's Park until 1953. The place had been the site of Major League Baseball events including the 1934 and 1946 World Series, and the 1957...
- American League park directory. // Baseball Digest;Apr97, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p126
Presents a directory of baseball parks of Major League Baseball. Playing field distances; Seating capacity.