- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;1/26/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32057, p2
This article presents news briefs related to bond and security. The consumer confidence index rose again in January 2005, climbing to 103.4 from an upwardly revised 102.7 last month. Existing home sales fell 3.39% in December 2003 to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 6.69 million units, the...
- Consumer Confidence Drops Again in April. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/30/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32868, p2
The article reports on the decreased rate of the consumer confidence index in the U.S. in April 2008. The index dropped to 62.3 from an upwardly revised 65.9 rate in March and the present situation index fell to 80.7 while the expectations index rose to 50.1. The sharp decline in the present...
- Record expected for existing-home sales in 2004. // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/12/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 28, p20
Reports on the benefits of strong job growth to the impact of higher interest rates on the existing-home sales according to the National Association of Realtors in Connecticut. Projection of the Consumer Price Index to rise at 2.4 percent in 2004; Assessment of the productivity gains; Outlook of...
- Survey Says: Affluent Believe in a Real Estate Bubble. // National Mortgage News;2/9/2004, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p6
Cites the result of McDonald Financial Group's study pertaining to the Affluent Consumer Confidence Index in the U.S. Real estate bubble; Possibility of an interest rate increase.
- Owners grow more hopeful of house price rises. Mulgrew, Clare // Money Marketing;2/24/2005, p20
Reports on the expectations of homeowners in Great Britain based on the Woolwich consultancy confidence index. Anticipation of increase in the value of property; Information on the respondents of the survey.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Newman, Emily; Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;5/28/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31644, p2
Presents news items related to developments in the U.S. bond market as of May 28, 2003. Settlement between Nyack Hospital in Nyack, New York for a class action lawsuit filed on behalf of buyers of the hospital's revenue bonds; Rise in consumer confidence index during May 2003; Growth in sales...
- News In Brief. Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p2
Presents news briefs related to developments in bond market in the U.S. as of October 31, 2001. Decrease in the consumer confidence index in New York; Decision of Washington treasury to buy securities in the fourth quarter of 2001; Stability in public finance rates in New York.
- IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;9/19/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33584, p2
The article offers news briefs related to bond market in the U.S. including an increase in the University of Michigan's preliminary consumer sentiment index, the rating of Warren Country, Kentucky which raised from BBB-plus to A-minus, and the Sarasota County, Florida's BBB-plus rating.
- Munis Weaker After Higher Payroll Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32525, p2
The article examines the performance of bonds in the U.S. bond market as of December 2006. The municipal bonds slowed due to higher nonfarm payrolls in November. On the other hand, tax-exempt bonds are weaker by two or three basis points. The performance of bonds are also affected by the revised...