Miniature synchrotron lights up
- Lasers bend beams for desktop X-ray source. Giles, Jim // Nature;4/22/2004, Vol. 428 Issue 6985, p789
Reports on the Advanced Photon Source project in Argonne, Illinois. Support of the U.S. National Institute of General Medical Sciences for the project; Accomplishments of physicist Ronald Ruth in the project; Facts about the generation of high-energy X-rays by synchrotrons;
- Small is beautiful: protein micro-crystallography. Cusack, Stephen; Belrhali, Hassan; Bram, Andreas; Burghammer, Manfred; Perrakis, Anastassis; Riekel, Christian // Nature Structural Biology;Aug2002 Supplement, Vol. 5, p634
Focused X-ray beams from third generation synchrotron sources allow the possibility of data collection from previously unusable protein microcrystals of only a few microns in size.
- X-ray instrumentation for protein crystallography with SR (abstract). Popov, A. N.; Kheiker, D. M.; Harutunyan, E. G. // Review of Scientific Instruments;Jan1992, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p1031
The station is intended for x-ray analysis of single crystals, primarily that of proteins with the beam of synchrotron radiation from the superconducting wiggler of a special storage ring E = 2.0 GeV, I = 0.3 A in the town of Zelenograd (TNK). The dimensions of the radiation source are 2.35Â²...
- Crystallographic and magnetic structure of HAVAR under high-pressure using diamond anvil cell (DAC). Halevy, Itzhak; Haroush, Shlomo; Eisen, Yosef; Silberman, Ido; Moreno, Dany; Hen, Amir; Winterrose, Mike; Ghose, Sanjit; Chen, Zhiqiang // Hyperfine Interactions;Apr2010, Vol. 197 Issue 1-3, p135
nnealed (H1) and cold-rolled (H2) HAVAR has been studied using high-pressure synchrotron X-ray diffraction. A structural phase transformation was discovered at âˆ¼13 GPa at ambient temperature, transforming from m âˆ’ 3 m (S.G. 225) to P 63/m m c (S.G. 194) symmetry. The transition was...
- Proxima 1, a New Beamline on the Third Generation SR Source SOLEIL Combining PX and Single-Crystal BioXAS. Ascone, I.; Girard, E.; Gourhant, P.; Legrand, P.; Roudenko, O.; Roussier, L.; Thompson, A. W. // AIP Conference Proceedings;2007, Vol. 882 Issue 1, p872
We describe the main characteristics of the PROXIMA 1 beamline at the third generation synchrotron radiation (SR) facility SOLEIL in France. This beamline was designed for macromolecular crystallography, in particular combined MAD/SAD and BioXAS measurements on single crystals with X-ray...
- Optical Design of VLS-PGM Soft X-Ray Beamline on Indus-2. Prasad, T. T.; Modi, M. H.; Lodha, G. S. // AIP Conference Proceedings;6/24/2010, Vol. 1234 Issue 1, p375
The optical design of a soft x-ray beamline on the bending magnet of Indus-2 synchrotron source is presented. A Varied Line Spacing Plane Grating Monochromator (VLS-PGM) was adopted with Hettrick type optics. The VLS-PGM consists of a spherical mirror and three interchangeable gratings of line...
- Synchrotron x-ray scattering studies of magnetic materials (invited) (abstract). Gibbs, Doon // Journal of Applied Physics;5/1/1990, Vol. 67 Issue 9, p5709
Presents an abstract of the study 'Synchrotron X-ray Scattering Studies of Magnetic Materials,' by Doon Gibbs.
- Fine structure and magnetism of the cubic oxide compound NiZnO. Dubinin, S.; Maksimov, V.; Parkhomenko, V.; Sokolov, V.; Baranov, A.; Sokolov, P.; Dorofeev, Yu. // Physics of the Solid State;Jul2011, Vol. 53 Issue 7, p1362
The fine structure and spin system of the cubic oxide NiZnO compound prepared from the initial hexagonal phase by quenching a sample with a high temperature and applying an external hydrostatic pressure to it have been studied using magnetic measurements, synchrotron and X-ray diffraction. It...
- X-ray determination of alignment in FeNdB magnets. Zhou, S. Z.; Zhou, Y. X.; Graham, C. D. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1988, Vol. 63 Issue 8, p3534
Presents a study that examined the preferred orientation or crystallographic alignment of several neodymium-iron-boron magnets by x-ray diffraction. Use of simple diffraction geometry; Usefulness of the reflection; Improvement of the properties of the magnets with the degree of alignment.