IRS Names Eight to Tax-Exempt Advisory Committee
- Applications available for special IRS exam. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/13/94 - 6/20/94, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p8
Announces the availability of application forms from the Internal Revenue Service for tax practitioners who wish to take the annual IRS examination. Qualification for tax practitioners; Details of the examination requirements.
- New IRS Liaison Division. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a Communications and Liaison Division aimed at building and maintaining effective working relationships with tax professionals.
- Preventive law crosscurrents. // Reporter;Dec92, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p24
Presents information surrounding the tax officers having reference to the base newspapers and their association with the Internal Revenue Service. Description of the contents of the newspaper article; Reminders of downloading the 1992 All States Tax Guide.
- NTA Objectives Set. // Practical Accountant;Oct2000, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p20
Focuses on United States (U.S.) Internal Revenue Service's National Taxpayer Advocate's issuance of its fiscal year 2001 objectives in a report to the U.S. Congress.
- IRS Urges 7,000 Tennessee Tax Preparers to Test Soon. // Tennessee Tribune;6/21/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p1B
The article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has asked around 7,000 tax preparers in Tennessee to take an IRS competency examination.
- SSNs or ITINs needed for 1997 returns. // National Public Accountant;Mar/Apr97, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p57
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) mailing of forms to be used by taxpayers to apply for appropriate identification numbers. Warning to taxpayers about the possible delay caused by identification numbers on tax refunds; Requirement for taxpayers to have either a Social Security...
- Protecting Taxpayer Rights Under The National Research Program. Stevenson, William // National Public Accountant;Nov2002, Vol. 47 Issue 8, p6
Highlights the presentation made during the training sessions of the National Research Program (NRP) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service in August 2002. Objective of the presentation; Reason for the involvement of the practitioner's community in the NRP training module; Overview of the...
- Paper Form Requirements. // Practical Accountant;Jan2002, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
No abstract available.
- Regs on methods of signing returns. // Practical Accountant;Feb97, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p22
Clarifies the US Internal Revenue Service's prescription of a method other than pen and ink for signing any return, statement or other document as stated in the final regulations (TD 8689).