Delay in Hartsfield Deal
- DFW Airport Corp. to issue bonds for car-rental facility. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/03/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30342, p30
Announces Texas-based Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport's issuance of taxable revenue bonds for a car-rental complex through the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Facility Improvement Corp. Plans for the proceeds from the sale; Car-rental project as a means to streamline the way...
- Portland, Ore., Helping to Find Buyers for Troubled Minor League Beavers. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/4/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31754, p31
Reports on the efforts of Portland, Oregon to seek a buyer for the city's minor league baseball team. Failure of Portland Family Enterprises to pay rent for a stadium upgraded with bonds; Generation of taxable bonds with revenues from hotel and car rental taxes; Terms of security for the bonds.
- Time Is Right in Phoenix. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/5/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31359, p1
Reports on the approval to build a consolidated car rental facility at Sky Harbor International Airport by Phoenix City Council in Phoenix, Arizona. Opposition to the car rental facility project; Source of funding to meet operational cost; Improvement of the car rental rates.
- When it pays to buy the car you leased. Edgerton, Jerry // Money;June97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p24
Presents advice for motorists whose automobile leases expire in 1997. Percentage of people leasing cars; Percentage of leasers purchasing the car after the lease expires; The pamphlet `Driving a Bargain' from the Consumer Federation of America; Three circumstances which warrant buying the car...
- Arizona Must Refund $160M For Stadium Bonds, Judge Rules. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/18/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34362, p1
Car rental taxes collected for stadium bonds must be refunded after their use was found to violate the Arizona constitution, a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Christopher Whitten has ruled.
- Airport to add six more rental car concessions. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;6/3/2002, Vol. 31 Issue 50, p5
Reports on plan of the Salt Lake International Airport to add up for more rental car concessions in Utah. List of the existing automobile rental firms; Invitations from the airport management to anybody interested to bid on the firs phase; Terms of the concession.
- Budget owes Ports Authority over $3M. Guadalupe-Fajardo, Evelyn // Caribbean Business;7/18/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 29, p6
Reports that Budget Rent a Car at Luis Munoz Marin International Airport owes the Puerto Rico Ports Authority over three million in rent. Decline of automobile rentals in Puerto Rico.
- Money- Saving Travel Tips. // Tennessee Tribune;4/8/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p1B
The article lists several ways to spend less while traveling which include ditching the crowds, skipping the rental car, and using the Web.
- Life at the Top. Olearchik, James // Travel Agent;05/28/2001, Vol. 304 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on the expansion of car rental market at the Orlando International Airport in Florida. Allocation of budget; Amount of generated total revenue; Summary of major rental players.