Bribery Trial Set to Go
- Corruption Case Wrapping Up. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32403, p35
The article reports on the ongoing trial against the former governor and three others who are facing federal corruption charges in Alabama. Former Governor Don Siegelman and together with three others are accused of bribery, extortion and other criminal charges which took place at the District...
- Charges Against Ex-Ala. Gov. Dropped. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31985, p2
Reports that Medicaid fraud charges against former Alabama Governor Don Siegelman and his chief of staff Paul Hamrick has been dropped on October 5, 2004 by U.S. District Judge U. W. Clemon. Basis for the decision of the Judge; Statement of the Alice Martin, the U.S. attorney for the Northern...
- High school extortion trial. // Chinatown News;4/18/94, Vol. 41 Issue 15, p24
Presents an overview of evidence that Cantonese code words were used in a high school extortion racket. Two youths pleading not guilty; One former student pleading guilty; Phrases started as slang expressions.
- GETTING THE WORD OUT ABOUT FRAUD: A THEORETICAL ANALYSIS OF WHISTLEBLOWING AND INSIDER TRADING. Macey, Jonathan // Michigan Law Review;Jun2007, Vol. 105 Issue 8, p1899
The article asserts that corporate whistleblowing is not analytically or functionally distinguishable from insider trading when such trading is based on information a whistleblower might disclose to the authorities. It also differentiated whistleblowing and insider trading from blackmail. In...
- Mobster given eight and a half years. Pisarova, Martina // Slovak Spectator;02/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p1
Reports that Banska Bystrica mobster Mikulas Cernak was sentenced in Slovakia for charges of extortion. Testimonies of star witness Alexander H. against Cernak; Prison term for Cernak.
- Oh. That Official. // Business News New Jersey;1/28/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p5
Reports several cases of bribery and extortion in New Jersey.
- Vivek Shah Arraigned On Extortion Charges, Trial Set. // India -- West;11/16/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 52, pC24
The article informs that Indian American actor Vivek Shah is facing trial in the U.S. District Court in Beckley, West Virginia, on charges of trying to extort 13 million U.S. dollars from a coal executive.
- Paying their respects. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p18
Reports that Alabama Governor Donald Siegelman is proposing a legislation to require students to address teachers with courtesy titles. Reason for the proposed legislation; Criticisms of the proposed legislation.
- Don Siegelman. // Campaigns & Elections (1996);Jun2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p18
Profiles Alabama Governor Don Siegelman. Educational background; Information on his career in politics; Reason behind his victory over former governor Fob James for the gubernatorial seat.