- Ex-Jefferson County, Ala., Sewer Official Charged With Accepting Bribe. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/15/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32175, p4
Reports on charges filed against former Jefferson County, Alabama commissioner Chris McNair for allegedly taking a bribe while he was an elected official overseeing the county's bond-financed sewer program. Case background; Other defendants named in a 67-count superseding indictment handed down...
- Ex-JeffCo Official Off to Jail. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/9/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33530, p7
The article reports on the imprisonment of former Jefferson County, Alabama commissioner Chris McNair in Illinois for corruption related to contracts for rebuilding the state's sewer system.
- Adjudicating Bribery and Corruption Issues in International Commercial Arbitration. Fox, William // Journal of Energy & Natural Resources Law (International Bar Ass;Aug2009, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p487
Traditional international commercial arbitration has always taken a somewhat narrow view of the issues that are properly subject to arbitration. There is no question that claims such as breach of warranty, failure to deliver force majeure and the like are arbitrable. This article raises the...
- State wage & hour inspector took $1.86 million in bribes. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Aug2009, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p5
The article reports on the ruling of a court in Camden, New Jersey towards the case of Joseph Rivera, senior investigator for the Department of Labor and Workforce Development's Wage and Hour Division. It relates that Rivera has been pleaded guilty for 1.86 million dollars in bribes from a...
- Bribery Trial Begins. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;4/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32360, p39
The article reports that the bribery trial of former Jefferson County commissioner Chris McNair and others involved in the massive sewer program has commenced in April 3, 2006 in Alabama. McNair is accused of bribery while he was an elected official supervising the bond-financed sewer program in...
- Birmingham bribery indictments. // Underground Construction;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that former Jefferson County Commissioner Chris McNair has been indicted with at least a dozen others in an alleged bribery scheme involving sewer construction contracts. U.S. Attorney Alice H. Martin and the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced the indictments in...
- Untitled. Kelly, Matt; Keene, Lonnie // Compliance Week;Jul2014 Supplement Anti-Bribery, p4
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including programs which root out bribery and corruption, the categories on the survey confronting Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) programs, and ABC risks and compliance programs.
- The bribery cycle. Santoni, Cuqui // Caribbean Business;1/14/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p23
In this article the author discusses the cases of bribery and corruption of federal authorities in the Caribbean.
- CONTRACTORS NAMED IN CHARGES ON HUGE AFRICAN WATER PROJECT. Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;08/23/99, Vol. 243 Issue 8, p16
Reports that construction contractors based in Europe and Canada have been charged in court as responsible for bribery corruption, fraud and perjury in the construction of the Lesotho Highlands Water Project. Joint ventures that are named in the case; Comments from Robert Witherell, senior vice...