March New Home Sales Jump 13.8%
- New Home Sales Up 48% in December. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32556, p2
The article reports that the sales of single-family homes has increased by 4.8% to 1.12 million in December 2006 as revealed by the U.S. Department of Commerce. However, sales for December 2006 is 11.0% below the 1.259 million rate in December 2005. It has been noted that the supply of new homes...
- Record Home Sales in May. // Rock Products;Jul2003, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the increase in sales of new single-family homes in the U.S. in May 2003, according to a Commerce Department report. Comments of National Association of Home Builders President Kent Conine on the report; Decline in inventories of new homes for the month; Total gains in sales of such...
- New Home Sales Rise to 464,000 Rate. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/28/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32991, p2
The article focuses on the data released by the U.S. Department of Commerce on October 27, 2008 which states that sales of new-single family homes have increased to 464,000 seasonally adjusted annual rate in September. The figure took place after the revised 452,000 rate in August, a 12.6% drop...
- Slowdown Evident in Commerce Reports. // Home Textiles Today;3/10/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p21
The article reports that the U.S. Dept. of Commerce has reported a decline in new home sales during January 2008 and a drop in new orders to manufacturers. Sales of new one-family houses in January 2008 were at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 588,000, a decline of 2.8% from the revised...
- July New Home Sales Drop 2.4% to 412,000 Annual Rate. Siegel, Gary // Bond Buyer;8/26/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34167, p1
The article focuses on the decline in sales of new single-family homes by 2.4 percent to a 412000 seasonally adjusted annual rate in July 2014, as per the data released by the U.S. Commerce Department. Topics discussed include rise in the number of new homes in the market, rise in unadjusted...
- Housing sales take big jump--a 5-mo high. Rozelle, Walter N. // Textile World;Oct96, Vol. 146 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on US Department of Commerce's report that sales of new homes took a 7.9% jump in July 1996, the largest level in five months. Sales increase as good news for the carpet and home furnishings industries.
- NEW RECORD. // National Mortgage News;7/29/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the sales of new homes in the U.S. in June 2002 according to U.S. Commerce Department figures.
- Surprising rise in new home sales for April. de Rita, Megan // Asset Securitization Report;5/29/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p14
The article highlights the US Commerce Department report on the rise of new single-family homes sales which increased to 4.9% in the month of April 2006. The rise surprised market players as they had been expecting a month-to-month decline based on rising mortgage rates. Stephen Stanley, chief...
- March New Home Sales Rise to Record Rate. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;4/27/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31871, p2
Reports on the increase in the sales of new, single-family homes according to data released by the U.S. Commerce Department. Sales projected by IFR BondData America's poll of economists; Supply of homes at the current sales rate; Decline in the unadjusted median price.