Another Down Day for Munis on Decent Data
- Thursday's Market: Municipal Prices Gain 1/4 Point; Crossover Buying Improves Tone. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/26/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31252, p2
Focuses on fluctuations in the U.S. bond market as of October 26, 2001. Increase in municipal bond prices as of October 25, 2001; Decline in demand for durable consumer goods; Ratings of municipal bond prices done by various rating companies.
- Directionless Munis End Week Flat to a Touch Lower. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/27/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32327, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the United States on February 24, 2006. The sharp decline in durable goods orders failed to change the interest rate outlook. Prices on municipal bonds were flat or down according to traders as yields rose a basis point in spots.
- Munis Weaker on 'Very Quiet' Monday. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;6/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32905, p2
The article comments on weak activities in the municipal market in the U.S. as of June 2008. The Federal Reserve will begin a two-day policy-setting meeting on interest rates citing inflation predictions. Economists polled by IFR Markets are predicting no change to durable goods. Key business...
- Municipals, Treasuries Weaken As Durable Goods Surge. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31870, p2
Reports on the decline in municipal bond prices in the U.S. on April 23, 2004. Decline in the Treasury market; Rise in durable goods orders; Statements by Dreyfus Corp.'s economist Richard Hoey on sustainable economic growth and corporate spending on capital goods; Outflows of municipal bonds,...
- Municipal Yields Fall; $444 Million Of N.Y.C. TFA'S Priced for Retail. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/28/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31500, p2
Reports on the reduction in municipal bond yields between three and five basis points in the U.S. on October 25, 2002. Two-day retail order period on 444 million dollars of New York City Transitional Finance Authority future-tax-secured bonds; Decline in durable goods orders; Other retail orders.
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;5/25/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32389, p2
The article reports on developments on topics related to the bond market in the U.S. New orders for durable goods, excluding semiconductors, decreased 4.8 percent in April 2006. Sales of new single-family homes had an increase of 4.9 percent in April 2006, rising to a 1.198 million seasonally...
- Munis Steam Ahead Despite Capacity Worries. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;11/8/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33412, p2
The article reports on the situation of the municipal bond market in New York which continues to hammer away at long-term tax-free bonds as dealers question whether there is sufficient capacity to absorb a bombardment of new paper.
- Montgomery County, Ohio, Plans Revenue Bonds for Hospital Buyout. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30781, p3
Reports the sale of revenue bonds by Montgomery County, Ohio on behalf of the Kettering Medical Center. Purpose of the move; Details on the deal; Amount of bond sold; Benefit of the the move to the bondholders of the Grandview Hospital and Medical Center.
- Bond Calls & Redemptions. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31022, p20
Lists bond calls and redemptions in the United States as of November 21, 2000. California Department of Veterans Affairs' Home purchase revenue bonds, 1997 Series C; Connecticut's general obligation bonds.