CABLE, SATELLITE DRIVE NEWS GROWTH
- News Corp. Revenue Up, Earnings Down in Q1. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;11/12/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 42, p4
The article presents information on the financial performance of News Corp. for the first fiscal quarter of 2007. The company reported net income of $732 million, or 23 cents per share, for its fiscal first quarter, down from $843 million, or 27 cents per share, for the comparable quarter in...
- TV stars for News Corp. Skeffington, Robert // BRW;5/13/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 18, p80
Reports that News Corp. announces a net profit for the first quarter of 2004 which reflects an increase from the same period of 2003. Increase in the operating income from the company's television segment.
- News Corp. doubles buyback plan, profits. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/16/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 22, p51
The article reports that entertainment giant News Corp. Ltd. said on Wednesday that it has doubled the size of its share-buyback program to $6 billion and more than doubled its fiscal third-quarter profit, driven by an asset sale gain and strong operating income growth at its broadcast and cable...
- Cable Revs Up Disney and News Corp. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p31
Reports on the financial performance of Walt Disney Co. and News Corp. in the second quarter of 2006. Increases in revenue, operating income and earnings posted by Walt Disney Co. and News Corp.; Factors attributed to the growth and strong performance of the two companies; Efforts of Disney to...
- Sky Italia's Profits Soar. // Satellite News;8/13/2007, Vol. 30 Issue 32, p14
The article reports on the increase in the profits of Sky Italia, the Italian direct-to-home (DTH) operator owned by News Corp., in 2007. The firm posted a full-year operating income of $221 million or an increase of $182 million over the $39 million reported in 2006. It also mentions the...
- Liberty, News Corp. Size Up Swap. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;6/19/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p3
Reports on a deal involving the exchange of television stations in the U.S. owned by News Corp. with the 18% voting rights of Liberty Media Corp. in the company. Ownership of the licenses for the stations by News Corp. chairman Rupert Murdoch; Views of UBS media analyst Aryeh Bourkoff on the...
- An excellent performance. Rennie, Philip // Money (Australia Edition);Jun2007, Issue 91, p123
The article offers an analysis of News Corporation's (NWS) stock on an investor's perspective. Many of NWS's global media assets are performing well, with positive results at the Fox Broadcasting Company and Fox Television stations, which improved operating income by 49 percent and 4 percent...
- News Corp. earnings dip. Doman, Matthew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/15/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 15, p92
Focuses on the decreased third quarter 2000 earnings of News Corp. Failure of the company's strong cable and international satellite television revenues to offset losses; Comparison with earnings from the same period in previous years.
- BETTER NEWS. // BRW;02/16/2001, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p18
Reports on the News Corp.'s profit growth for the six months to December 31, 2000. Factors attributed to the company's profit increase.