Harron's Halfway There
- Harron Adds Subscribers In New Region. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;11/5/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p12
The article reports on the acquisition of cable systems and subscription in southern U.S. by the Frazer, Pennsylvania-based Harron Communications. Harron chairman and chief executive Joel Cohen cited their agreements with Vista III Media and Northland Cable Networks. The purchased systems are...
- Honeymoon in Vegas. Brown, Roger // CED;Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the impact of the Consumer Electronics Show on the cable television industry in Las Vegas, Nevada. Features of the event; Emphasis on the Go2Broadband project; Availability of the advanced services to consumers.
- How Much Will Consumers Pay? A Hedonic Analysis of the Cable Television Industry. Anstine, Diane Bruce // Review of Industrial Organization;Sep2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p129
Develops a modified hedonic framework that determines the marginal willingness to pay by consumers for individual cable networks. Cable television operator's cable programming services; Importance of regional differences in determining demand for cable; Consumers' willingness to pay for more...
- Rebate Settle Suit in Ky. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;11/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 46, p22
Reports that past and present cable customers in Jefferson County, Kentucky will receive rebates to resolve a class action lawsuit over an improper passage of property taxes. Effect of the resolution on consumers; Complaints of local franchising authorities against the taxes; Reactions of...
- Combing Through the Files. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p70
Reports the customer complaints concerning the cable industry in the U.S. Failure of answering service to relay repair calls; Poor quality of telephone customer service; Range of billing mistakes.
- Prices Still a Hot Button. Grebb, Michael // Multichannel News;5/6/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p74
Reports the increasing rate of cable television subscription in the U.S. Level of customer complaints about the issue; Limitations of digital conversion among cable operators.
- DirecTV Benefits As Yankees' YES, Cablevision Battle. Scoblete, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;4/15/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p6
Report the increase in subscriber activations of DirecTV network in New York. Contribution of the standoff between Yes Network and Cablevision network; Percentage of the increased activations; Negotiation on the New York Yankees game coverage between Yes Network and Cablevision.
- Charter Gets Its Way, Consumers Lose. // Multichannel News;4/22/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 16, p34
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Charter Scores Set-Top Waiver" in the April 18, 2013 issue.
- Cable's General Upfront, Kids' Buying Wind Down. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;7/15/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p162
Reports the consumer target of cable networks on children. Comment of Turner Broadcasting Sales Inc. spokesman Jim Weiss; Indication on the upfront of Cartoon Networks; Inclusion on the cross-media packages sold by the Cartoon Networks.