ESPNU Puts Its Own Twist on Work Study Programs
- KVOA interns gain crucial skills, work experience. Rodgers, Shelly // Inside Tucson Business;8/12/96, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p7
Reports on the experience gained by interns at Tucson, Arizona-based KVOA TV 4's internship program. Interns' dream of having a successful and satisfying career; Skills learned in the program; Benefits derived from the program.
- Durex and ITV team up for sex TV show. Brech, Poppy // Marketing (00253650);11/7/2002, p6
Reports on an agreement between Durex and Independent Television to sponsor the television show 'Am I Good in Bed' surveying the sexual habits of people in Great Britain. Schedule of the program; Means used by the viewers to participate in the survey; Focus of the program; Launch of Durex...
- Universal, Dutch broadcaster in deal. // Electronic Media;04/21/97, Vol. 16 Issue 17, p27
Cites that Universal International Television has signed an output agreement with SBS6 which gives SBS6 broadcasts rights to all Universal theatrical releases from 1994 to 1996.
- KVOA buys SeaChange server. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;10/26/98, Vol. 128 Issue 44, p61
Provides information on the decision of KVOA television station in Tucson, Arizona, to buy the Broadcast MediaCluster video server from SeaChange International. Amount spent on the three-mode MediaCluster; Features of the broadcasting equipment.
- VENEVISION BOWS PAY CHANNEL. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;08/30/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 62, p3
Reports that Venevision International has launched a pay television channel slated with programs from its various television interests.
- TV Marti Has No Viewers--It's Time to Shut It Down. Grossman, Lawrence K. // Columbia Journalism Review;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p69
Stresses the need to shut down TV Marti, the U.S. government's television station in Cuba. Details of a survey conducted for the Broadcasting Board of Governors which oversees Radio and TV Marti; Information on the establishment of TV Marti in 1989; Government channels that are available in Cuba.
- ORT's ad deal ripples in TV world. Birchenough, Tom // Variety;12/13/99, Vol. 377 Issue 5, p68
Discusses the effect of Channel 1 Public Russian Television's announcement that advertising agency Video International would be its exclusive broker. Effects to rival television stations in Russia; Mechanisms of advertising on Public Russian Television.
- Washington, we have a problem. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/12/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 11, p54
Editorial. Comments on the National Affiliated Stations Alliance's call on the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to intervene to fix a network/affiliate relationship that the alliance says is broken. Examples of FCC violations and improper practices that the television...
- DISPATCHES. // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p48
Presents news briefs concerning television broadcasting as of October 2000. Collaboration between French private television network TF1 and its rival M6 to launch the television channel, TF6; Plan of Playboy TV International to launch cable systems in Benelux countries; Government policy on...