BET Chases Ad Gains
- 'The Sheards' on BET. // Michigan Citizen;4/14/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 23, pA1
A photograph is presented of the Sheards, a famed Gospel family in Detroit, Michigan consisting J. Drew Sheard, Kierra Sheard, Karen Clarke Sheard, and John Drew Sheard, who will appear in a reality television program aired at every Sunday on Black Entertainment Television (BET).
- showtime. // Chicago Citizen - Chatham Southeast Edition;5/2/2012, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on several new programming series and developments that involve the BET Networks including a new reality series, a new talent competition series and two new web series.
- BET Networks Unveils New Programming At 2012 Upfront Presentation. // Chicago Weekend;5/2/2012, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p10
The article reports on several new programming series and developments announced by the BET Networks, a division of media group Viacom that oversees the operations of many television channels including a new reality series, a new talent competition series and two new web series.
- BET unveils starry fall slate. Riddell, Robert // Daily Variety;4/25/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 16, p5
The article reports on Bet Network's proposed television shows for the fall. Eight original shows will premier on the channel in the fall including several behind the scenes reality shows "Next Level: Vince Young," and "DMX: Soul of a Man." Other programs include a documentary on black gangsters...
- Sweet 16. // Daily Variety;4/19/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on Cabler BET's unveiling of original shows. Black Entertainment Television (BET) unveiled 16 original shows including "S.O.B." which is a hidden-camera reality show featuring D. L. Hughley and other comedians.
- Hudlin's Results Have BET Looking Up. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p36
This article reports on the lineup of upcoming original reality programming in Black Entertainment Television (BET), which was developed by BET president of entertainment Reginald Hudlin. The Television Critics Association Tour presentation implores more about the network's original reality...
- MONICA. Hoffman, Melody K. // Jet;11/23/2009, Vol. 116 Issue 17, p44
The article focuses on rhythm and blues singer Monica, particularly her BET (Black Entertainment Television) reality series "Monica: Still Standing." The article discusses the beginning of her career at age 14 and the personal tragedy she experienced at age 18. Monica discusses her family,...
- BET Gets Ready to Meet the Manns. // Multichannel News;2/2/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p11
An interviews is presented with actor David Mann and his wife actress Tamela Mann of American television series "It's a Mann's World" which is being broadcasted at Black Entertainment Television network. Topics discussed include David's reflection on their decision to being creative by showing...
- BET Ramps Up Reality. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;4/11/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p42
Reports on the launch of several reality television shows by Black Entertainment Television in April 2005. Overview of the plot of the program "Blowin' Up Fatty Koo"; Information on the dating show "Kickback"; Theme of the television reality show "The Apprentice."