NEW DATA FROM TNS MEDIA RANKS TOP AD CATEGORIES
- Cable Networks' Ad Sales Lead TV Pack This Year. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;12/17/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 50, p17
The article reports that cable networks in the U.S. surpassed the growth rate of television media in terms of advertising sales for the first nine months of 2007, according to TNS Media Intelligence. Insurance companies and financial services have been strong advertisers for cable, with the ESPN...
- EVENTFUL YEAR FOR ADS. // Multichannel News;1/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p24
The article offers forecast concerning the development of the cable television networks for 2008 in the U.S. TNS Media Intelligence reveals its survey which shows that the media networks will increase its expenditures to 4.2 percent compared to the 2007 and it is attributable to Olympics-related...
- Pay per-pre-emption. S.M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the prime time pre-emption and pay strategy of UPN in the United States. Target of network on affiliate agreements; Finalization on affiliation contract on professional basketball; Calculation on advertising revenue loss.
- CABLE TV. Crupi, Anthony // Brandweek;4/21/2008, Vol. 49 Issue 16, pSR9
This article reports on advertising and programming for the cable television networks, including A&E, Discovery, Comcast, and MTV. The article presents information on each network's most important returning programs for the fall 2009 season and indicates how successfully they are reaching their...
- On a learning curve. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/8/93, Vol. 123 Issue 45, p53
Reports on the increase in The Learning Channel's (TLC) subscribers in 1993. Projected increase in advertising revenue; Appeal of TLC's high-end demographics and programming to advertisers; Percentage of TLC's budget spent on original programming.
- Ops Say 'Bravo' to Uscale Sales Gains. Forkan, Jim // Multichannel News;12/11/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p28
Focuses on United States-based cable television network Bravo's insertable subscriber cable television advertising business as of December 11, 2000. Increase in the network's advertising sales; Sales promotions.
- 'More butter!' Food Network makes shows great theater. Neff, Jack // Advertising Age;4/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 15, pS10
Reports that the Food Network is becoming more and more popular in the late 1990s due to its offbeat programming. Details of shows aired on the network such as chef Emeril Lagasse's show and `Two Fat Ladies'; Effect of the networks' success on its ability to attract advertisers.
- Phone home. JC // Broadcasting & Cable;3/14/94, Vol. 124 Issue 11, p54
Reports on the joint marketing venture between MTV, MCI and other television networks tied to MTV's spring break coverage. Youth as the target market; Other sponsors of the event; Advantage to advertisers.
- ITV set to bolster direct response. Beale, Claire // Campaign (UK);12/05/97, Issue 49, p5
Reports that ITV company has created a call-handling system designed to encourage more people to respond to telephone numbers posted on cable television advertisements in England. Aim to increase revenue from direct response advertisers; Venture with the Cable & Wireless Communications;...