La. Senator Lifts Hold on FCC Nominee
- On the Hill:. // CableFAX Daily;3/17/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 52, p2
This article offers information on the approval of Republican Robert McDowell's nomination to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission by the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee. McDowell is now waiting a majority vote by the U.S. Senate, following the approval, before he can be sworn in to the...
- Senate Panel OKs McDowell. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;3/20/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p41
Reports on the approval of the nomination of communications attorney Robert McDowell, whom U.S. President George W. Bush selected to give Republicans a one-vote majority at the Federal Communications Commission, by the Senate Commerce Committee on March 2006. Challenges facing McDowell upon...
- Commerce Committ ee Sets O'Rielly Nomination Hearing. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;9/16/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p2
The article focuses on a meeting of the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation on September 18, 2013 where the next commissioner for the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to replace Robert McDowell will be chosen among Michael O'Reilley and Terrell McSweeny.
- Owen on hold. Barnes, David // Traffic World;03/16/98, Vol. 253 Issue 11, p14
States that the Senate Commerce Committee (STB) hearing on Gus Owen's nomination to a second term on the Surface Transportation Board was placed on hold while alleged violations of federal ethics laws by him were investigated. Circumstances surrounding the investigation; What date the STB would...
- Nominee to head FCC set to face Senate panel. Sasso, Brendan; Martinez, Jennifer // Hill;6/17/2013, Vol. 20 Issue 72, p15
The article reports on the U.S. Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee's hearing on June 18, 2013 to discuss the nomination of Tom Wheeler as chairman of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC).
- Calif's Boxer liberalizes Senate Commerce panel. McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;01/12/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 29, p10
Reports that United States Senator Barbara Boxer has won a seat on the Senate Commerce Committee. Chairmanship of the committee by Senator John McCain; Names of other senators on the committee.
- On the Hill. // CableFAX Daily;1/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p2
The article presents information on an indecency hearing to be conducted by the U.S. Senate Commerce Committee in the U.S. in January 2006. The number of senators that are seeking for re-election in fall 2006 is revealed.
- Medical Reform Bill Markup Scheduled In Senate Committee. Kauh, Elaine // AVweb;11/13/2015, Vol. 22 Issue 451, p1
The article reports on the scheduled markup and discussion of the pilot medical reform legislation, Pilot's Bill of Rights 2, by the U.S. Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation on November 18, 2016 as proposed by Senator Jim Inhofe.
- What Was That About? Fineman, Howard // Newsweek;4/13/2009, Vol. 153 Issue 15, p27
The article reports that U.S. Republican Senator Judd Gregg made a deal to join U.S. President Barack Obama's cabinet as the U.S. Secretary of Commerce, and then withdrew his nomination when it was criticized by both U.S. Republicans and Democrats. Picked to promote bipartisanship in U.S....