N.Y. MTA's Outstanding Variable-Rate Debt Declined $248 Million in 2005
- Despite New Revenue, MTA in Tight Spot. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;5/11/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33112, p1
The article reports on the tightening in New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) despite of a newly approved legislation that will provide a new payroll tax and mandate other fees to fund the needs of the authority. Although MTA gets new sources of revenue, it must still deal with...
- NEW YORK: MTA's Derivatives Report. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;10/31/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33607, p9
The article focuses on the data from a derivatives portfolio report which shows that the 30.1 billion dollars outstanding debt of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) contains 5.2 billion dollars of variable-rate debt.
- N.Y.'s MTA On Road To Rebuilding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/23/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31249, p1
Reports on the plans of New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to issue over $1.8 billion in debt in order to compensate for shortfalls in its capital and operating budgets. Composition of the sale; Rationale behind agency's decision to seek bank credit; Estimate of...
- As Refunding Ends, MTA Set to Restructure. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p30
Reports the operation restructuring by the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Benefits for the restructuring; Schedule for the completion of the restructuring.
- N.Y.'s MTA Running Out of Places to Turn for New Funding. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;6/22/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31166, p40
Reports on the financial challenges facing New York State's Metropolitan Transportation Authority as of June 22, 2001. Delay in the state's debt-refinancing program; United States House Appropriations Committee's rejection of most of the authority's requests for federal aid for several...
- N.Y. MTA Changes Board Meeting Venue. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;2/20/2015, p22
The article offers information on the committee and board meetings of the New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to be held on February 23 and 25, respectively in lower Manhattan.
- Commuter tax blasted again. Khan, Kathy // Westchester County Business Journal;5/16/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 20, p15
The article reports on the opposition of the Chambers of Commerce from different counties against the commuter tax imposed by the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) in New York.
- Letters to the Editor. D'Ambrosio, John A. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/25/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p8
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the implementation of an approved tax on businesses and organizations included in the New York. Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) territory.
- Taxes, tolls to save the MTA. // Crain's New York Business;11/24/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p10
The author reflects upon the proposal of politicians of New York City to impose commuter tax on people who commute to the city for work. The author opines that the proposal will only be passed if the money collected is used to benefit suburban commuters and suggests that the commuter tax should...