Reservoir Study Set
- Drought conditions persist across Texas. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press Exclusive Insight;9/ 6/2013, p3
The article focuses on a report from the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) which states that drought conditions in Texas have continued to worsen in September 2013. According to the report, 97 percent of the state is in drought, while reservoir levels are at the lowest point for the first...
- Notes From Austin. Howe, Billy // Texas Agriculture Magazine;5/3/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p18
The article focuses on water requirements and reservoirs of Texas. It informs that the Texas Water Development Board authority work towards the improvement of the ground water projects in order to fulfill the needs of the farmers. It also mentions that several districts in Texas manage...
- New water plan is released. Sterling, Ed // Graham Leader;1/11/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 43, p3B
The article offers information on the Texas Water Development Board's 2012 State Water Plan which was released on January 5.
- TEXAS WATER PLAN IDENTITIES BIG NEEDS, PROJECTS. // Journal: American Water Works Association;May2007, Vol. 99 Issue 5, p23
The article presents the "2007 State Water Plan" publication of the Texas Water Development Board. Waterworks policy priorities in the fifty-year plan include rainwater harvesting, desalination of brackish water and seawater, construction of 14 reservoirs, municipal water conservation, and...
- State of texaS: How Much Water Does texas Really Need? RAHMAN, FAUZEYA // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Jul2014, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p6
The article focuses on a report from the Texas Center for Policy Studies in Texas which suggests that state could need far less additional water in future than predicted by the Texas Water Development Board of Texas and further presents a diagram regarding the same.
- TWDB approves loan to Birome Water Supply. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);12/21/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p5
The article reports that the Texas Water Development Board (TWDB) has approved the loan of 665,000 dollars from the Rural Water Assistance Fund for the finances of the water system improvement initiative of Birome Water Supply Corp.
- TEXAS GROUNDWATER RIGHTS BASED ON A REVIEW OF RESEACH STUDIES AND ARTICLES ON GROUNDWATER IN TEXAS. Davidhizar, Mandy G.; Robertson, Joey; Sullivan, Laura L. // Business Studies Journal;2014 Supplement 1, Vol. 6, p91
"The UN suggests that each person needs 5-13 gallons of water a day to ensure their basic needs for drinking, cooking and cleaning" (Source: World Water Assessment Programme (WWAP)). According to water.org, 783 million people in the world still lack access to water. People in the United States...
- TWDB APPROVES $3.9 BILLION IN FUNDING FOR WATER INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS. // TIPRO Target Newsletter;7/30/2015, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p3
The article reports on the Texas Water Development Board's (TWDB) approval of financial assistance from the State Water Implementation Fund for Texas (SWIFT) to support water infrastructure development across Texas.
- TWDB approves assistance. // Wilson County News;3/26/2014, p2A
The article reports that the Texas Water Development Board approved financial assistance for water and wastewater projects across the state on March 17, 2014 which includes loans to the city of San Antonio, Texas for water and wastewater system improvements.