Pima Eyes Another Ranch
- Where Buffalo Roam. Ford, Gary // Southern Living;Jul99, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p14
Provides information on the bison at the JA Ranch in Texas. Information on ranch owners; Efforts made to conserve the animals; Tips on viewing bison at the ranch; Comments from Danny Swepston, a wildlife biologist at the Texas Parks & Wildlife Department.
- Big spreads. Titus, Stephen // ColoradoBiz;May2002, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the operations of large ranches in Colorado. Problem over rising estate taxes; Difficulty of maintaining land for agricultural purposes; Emphasis on wildlife conservation.
- Habitat protection is goal of quail research ranch. Smith, Ron // Southwest Farm Press;5/3/2007, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the establishment of the Rolling Plains Quail Research Ranch by the Rolling Plains Quail Research Foundation to be used as a habitat for wild bobwhite quail in West Texas. The main goal of the foundation is to determine the best management practices for the preservation of...
- Alexander Ranch receives conservation award. // High Plains Journal;5/9/2011, Vol. 129 Issue 19, p5B
The article announces that Alexander Ranch in has received the 2010 Kansas Wildlife Habitat Conservation Award from the Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks.
- Uso de hÃ¡bitats modificados por aves dependientes de bosque tropical en la regiÃ³n caribeÃ±a de Guatemala. Cerezo, Alexis; Robbins, Chandler S.; Dowell, Barbara // Revista de BiologÃa Tropical;mar-jun2009, Vol. 57 Issue 1/2, p401
As natural areas are reduced into isolated remnants, the importance of secondary habitats for species conservation will increase. Consequently, the conservation value of human-modified or created secondary habitats must be determined. In this study, we evaluated the conservation potential of...
- Arizona County Using Debt for Long-Term Open Space Plan. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/6/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32293, p6
The article reports on the bonds approved by the voters of Pima County, Arizona in 1997 and 2004 that will provide sufficient financing for the long-term plan to buy land for open space preservation and to possess land area for the protection of the endangered species. The southern Arizona...
- Oregon Court Ruling Clears Way for More Lottery Bonds. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/9/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31262, p40
Reports on the impact of ruling of Oregon court on a petition challenging the state's lottery on plans for issuing lottery revenues backed bonds in the state. Arguments of the groups opposing the lottery and gambling in the state; Concerns regarding the lottery backed bonds after the ruling of...
- Iguana farms, antelope ranches. Youth, Howard // World Watch;Jan/Feb1991, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p36
No abstract available.
- Chapter 6: The Prairie's Friend. Staub, Frank // Prairie Dogs;1998, p36
Once there were over a hundred million black-tailed prairie dogs. Many of them dug their burrows on ranches. The prairie dogs ate some of the grass on the ranches. But ranchers wanted all the grass for their cattle so they killed many prairie dogs. Cities have also caused problems for prairie...