Recovering Richmond, Calif., to Enjoy Investment Grades on Upcoming Deals
- MONTANA: State Pension Funds Slide. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p9
The article reports on the decrease of Montana's state pension funds to $1.7 billion, or 22% of their value, from July 2008. Carroll South, executive officer of Montana Board of Investments, noted that the loss was the biggest the state has suffered. Moreover, the funds have fallen in value by...
- Pension funds and the evolving market for (ultra-)long government bonds. Blommestein, Hans J. // Pensions: An International Journal;Sep2007, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p175
The demand for long-dated bonds has increased, driven by stricter assetâ€“liability matching regulations governing pension funds, new international accounting standards, as well as new risk-based regulations for insurance companies. Projections of rapidly ageing and longer-living...
- Argentina's pension funds get incentives to buy bonds. Ciampi, Thomas V. // Pensions & Investments;5/28/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p14
Reports the approval to sell government bonds to private pension funds in Argentina. Reason for the approval; Renegotiation of existing obligations and issuance of additional bonds; Plan to meet the financing needs of the country.
- Poland to transfer pension fund bonds to state. // Regional Today;9/ 5/2013, p4
The article reports on the plan of Polish government to take over and cancel government bonds being held by privately-managed pension funds in an effort to curb public debt of Poland.
- Opponent of California Pension Bond Sale Threatens Suit. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/18/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31991, p3
Reports that the Pacific Legal Foundation is challenging the California pension bond proposal. Foundation's claim that the proposal violates the state constitution; Reforms proposed by the state government to save the state more than the debt it incurs for the pension bonds; State treasurer Phil...
- Fiscally Calm California May Still Face Trouble Ahead, Panelists Warn. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/23/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32224, p7
Highlights the conference which focused on the performance of bonds and associated credit quality in Carlsbad, California. Introduction of Proposition 76 that would allow for mid-year budget adjustments; Impact of higher interest rates of bonds on the possibility for the state to experience...
- SEC Plans to Repropose Pay-to-Play Rules. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;6/3/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33125, p1
The article reports on the proposal of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to restrict pension funds investment advisers from engaging into pay-to-play transactions with the municipal securities industry. It reveals that the move was carried out following the issue on the...
- Report: Troubled Connecticut City Should Up Pension Fund Contribution. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p32
Reports on Waterbury, Connecticut's need to raise its annual contribution to its pension trust fund, according to an actuarial report by Hooker & Holcombe. Financial problems facing the city; Projected budget gap in 2001.
- Deal in Focus: Minneapolis Selling $35 Million to Cover Pension Funds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/9/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31488, p32
Reports on the attempt of government of Minneapolis state to borrow $35 million to meet obligations on two closed employee pension funds. Benefits of a taxable general obligation bond to the state; Information on various funds setup by the government; Details of financial transactions planned...