NAIPFA Urges S.C. Officials to Reject Dealer-FA Measure
- GOVERNOR SANFORD SIGNS COMMERCE REFORM BILL. // South Carolina Business Journal;Aug2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the approval of a Commerce reform bill by Governor Mark Sanford in South Carolina. Disclosure requirements of incentive packages; Components of the administration's approach to state government; Public reaction to the finance reform.
- DSL Deregulation OK'd in BellSouth Territory. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;3/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p32
South Carolina has become the second state to enact a telephone company-backed law to prevent regulation of its broadband services by state utility authorities. The bill, signed by Republican Governor Mark Sanford, allows the South Carolina Public Service Commission to continue to review...
- True Workers' Comp Bill Long Overdue. Creel, Lewis; Tisdale, Bernard // South Carolina Business;Jul2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p6
The article presents information related to the worker's compensation reform bill in South Carolina. Mark Sanford, the governor of the state, signed this bill into law on June 25, 2007. One component of the bill is a restoration of rights for truck drivers and the motor carriers with whom they...
- Sine Die May Leave Some Key Bills Unresolved. Scott, Julie // South Carolina Business Journal;Jun2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p1
The article presents some of the key ratified bills, as well as some bills that are still subject for considerations, in South Carolina. The Economic Development Incentive Act, a bill boasting an extensive list of incentives to attract industries to the state, has passed the House and the...
- Sanford admits to additional liaisons. Wilson, Reid // Hill;7/1/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 77, p7
The article reports on the admission of South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford on the issue of additional affairs with Maria Belen Chapur.
- South Carolina's Sanford Proposes Optional Flat Income Tax. Temple-west, Patrick // Bond Buyer;1/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33039, p4
The article announces that South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford has released a budget proposal that calls for an optimal flat income tax and cuts spending. The budget of Sanford resurrected his plan for a flat tax because he proposed a similar measure that was not passed by the legislature. It...
- The Best of the Best. // South Carolina Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce celebrated the passage of several key bills that will contribute to the overarching goal of raising per capita income, productivity, and overall economic prosperity for the state. After more than three years working for the passage...
- South Carolina CU Bill Awaits Gov. Approval. // Credit Union Journal;6/4/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p1
The article reports on the Senate Bill 235 that is awaited by the South Carolina Credit Union to be approved by Governor Mark Sanford. It notes that the bill amends the South Carolina Credit Union Act in a number of ways. Among the bill's updates are that it permits purchase of property for...
- Athletic Limit Raised. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32184, p33
Reports that South Carolina governor Mark Sanford has signed a law which raises the outstanding debt limit for the University of South Carolina's athletic facilities revenue bonds.