Texas School Deal Breaks Down in House
- N.J. Lawmakers Pass School 'Bankruptcy' Bill. Rodman, Blake // Education Week;1/13/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 15/16, p12
The article reports on the United States Senate's approval of a compromise bill that will enable state officials to take control of academically bankrupt school districts across the country. Under the bill, a district can get additional state money for necessary improvements, at the final stage...
- F Y I. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/13/2006, Issue 955, p28
The article reports on the approval of Senate Bill 1437, authored by Senator Sheila Kuehl and sponsored by Equality California organization, adding sexual orientation and gender identity to existing state curriculum anti-bias rules by the California Senate Judiciary Committee on April 4, 2006....
- Action: School services. Peters-Johnson, Cassandra // Language, Speech & Hearing Services in Schools;Apr97, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p184
Presents the United States Department of Education eighteenth annual report entitled `Eighteenth Annual Report to Congress on the Implementation of the Individuals With Disabilities Education Act (1996). What the report deals with; Views on the issues of economic, environment and ethnicity;...
- S.C. House Approves Mandatory Kindergarten Bill. S. R. // Education Week;3/28/1984, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p11
The article reports on the approval of a mandatory kindergarten bill that would call for all 5 year old children to attend kindergarten by the South Carolina House of Representatives. Exemptions to the bill may apply to those whose parents signed a form to exclude their children from the...
- Family Choice in Education: A Model State System For Vouchers. P.W.G. // California Law Review;Jan1971, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p321
Presents the text of the Family Choice in Education Act, with a prologue. Article as a step in the effort to remove the deleterious influence of variations in household income on the quality of education received; Definitions; Repeal of statutes; Economic and tax analysis.
- Greater MW Journal. // New Jersey Jewish News;1/16/2014, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on a rally to be held in Newark, New Jersey on January 22, 2014, as part of the Fourth Annual National School Choice Week Newark to be held on January 26-February 1, 2014 to put pressure on U.S. Congress to pass the DC Civil Rights Act for Equal Educational Opportunity.
- Educational equity resolution adopted by San Francisco school board. Szymanski, Katie // Bay Area Reporter;1/17/2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Reports that the San Francisco Unified School District in California has adopted the Educational Equity Resolution which was introduced in 2001. Focus on addressing inequities present in the city's public schools in terms of race, ethnicity and economics; Re-election of school board president...
- Gender equity in athletic programs a matter of interpretation. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;7/5/2002, Issue 322951, p24
Focuses on the provisions of the Education Amendments of 1972 in the United States. Mandate of gender equity at the K-12 and post-secondary level for all activities; Issues related to athletics; Blame put on the law for the elimination of male sports programs.
- CONGRESSMAN JOE D. WAGGONNER: A STUDY IN POLITICAL INFLUENCE. Childs, David W. // North Louisiana Historical Association Journal;Fall1982, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p118
A biography of Joe D. Waggonner, a congressman from the 4th district of Louisiana, is presented. He was born on September 7, 1918 near Plain Dealing, attended Louisiana Tech University and served as a naval lieutenant commander during World War II and the Korean conflict. Waggonner's political...