Prices Rise Ahead of Busy Week for Economic Data
- Market Post: Heavy Bid-Wanted Lists Surface in Quiet Session. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;12/18/2014, p21
The article offers information on the increase in the demand of bid-wanted lists on year-end bargains by U.S. investors. Topics include the weak opening of Muncipal bonds, the possible impact of steady global oil prices on long municipals, and the Central Bank's announcement regarding the...
- CW PRICE REPORT. // Chemical Week;1/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p27
This article discusses trends in the chemical industry as of January 2010 such as the impact of lower crude oil prices on North American feedstocks, price levels of butadiene contracts for January, and the decline posted by European naphtha.
- Are Trends Trending? Sundt, Jon // Investment Advisor;Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
The article focuses on the challenges pose by trendless markets to trend followers, which is a category of managers. It says that trends have given trend followers an advantage because they profit from capitalizing and identifying the price of oil. It adds that the markets for trend followers in...
- First-Half Southwest Volume Soars 39%. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/17/2015, p1
Issuers in the Southwest sold $42.8 billion of municipal bonds in the first half of 2015, according to data from Thomson Reuters, a 39% year-over-year increase
- Munis Finish Weaker, Following Treasuries. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;7/17/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32920, p2
The article reports on the unfavorable yield of the municipal bond market in the U.S. It notes that municipal bonds finished next to treasury bonds which yielded only at 3.94% on July 16, 2008. The two-year municipal bond likewise finished at 2.44% after opening at 2.37. Meanwhile, pricing...
- Munis End Flat to Slightly Weaker As Traders Recover Following Rally. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/24/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32161, p2
The article presents information about municipal bonds in the U.S. As investors in the U.S. adjusted to the higher prices and lower yields, municipal bonds went far low in light trading. The National Association of Realtors announced that existing home sales slid 0.7% in May 2005 to a seasonally...
- Tank up on fuel in off-peak periods. Vogel, John // Dakota Farmer;Apr2011, p54
The article reports on the increased prices of fuel in the U.S., various fuel price trend projections for 2011-2012, and the impact of price increase on legislative bills involving fuel.
- Prices break $70 threshold. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;4/21/2006, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p16
The article discusses the trends in the oil prices in the Middle East in April 2006. Oil prices surpassed the $70 a barrel mark for the first time in eight months. Hence, growing geopolitical tensions and a set of U.S. data were behind the conflict. Spot Brent was trading at $73.67 a barrel on...
- Data shows softening in domestic tourism. // Hospitality (11724285);Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p15
The article reports on the decline in number of domestic travelers in New Zealand. The data released by the Ministry of Tourism (MoT) shows that travelers spent $7.6 billion on travel within the country in a year to September 2008, down 4.6% in 2007. MoT research manager Bruce Bassett considers...