Prices Rise Ahead of Busy Week for Economic Data
- Yield Indexes Mostly Down, Thanks to Wary Market. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p29
Reports on the decline of "The Bond Buyer's" yield index following a wary market facing high oil prices in the U.S. Reduction of the municipal bond yields in reaction to the July inflation number; Decrease of the consumer price index; Volatility of the economy.
- Munis Little Changed, But Underlying Tone Improves as Oil Prices Climb. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the impact of high oil prices on the bond market in the U.S. Effect of the oil price increase on the municipal bonds; Expectation of the bond market for the Federal Reserve Board to pause its tightening policy; Decline in the treasury yields.
- Munis End Slightly Up as Spreads On Hurricane Zone Paper Widen. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;9/12/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32215, p2
Reports developments related to the municipal bond market in the U.S. Detection of the slow trading of municipal bonds; Contribution of an increase in oil prices on the trading; Anticipation for rising credit risks in the Gulf Coast states.
- Market Post: Heavy Bid-Wanted Lists Surface in Quiet Session. Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;12/18/2014, p21
The article offers information on the increase in the demand of bid-wanted lists on year-end bargains by U.S. investors. Topics include the weak opening of Muncipal bonds, the possible impact of steady global oil prices on long municipals, and the Central Bank's announcement regarding the...
- CW PRICE REPORT. // Chemical Week;1/18/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 2, p27
This article discusses trends in the chemical industry as of January 2010 such as the impact of lower crude oil prices on North American feedstocks, price levels of butadiene contracts for January, and the decline posted by European naphtha.
- Are Trends Trending? Sundt, Jon // Investment Advisor;Sep2013, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p22
The article focuses on the challenges pose by trendless markets to trend followers, which is a category of managers. It says that trends have given trend followers an advantage because they profit from capitalizing and identifying the price of oil. It adds that the markets for trend followers in...
- First-Half Southwest Volume Soars 39%. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;8/17/2015, p1
Issuers in the Southwest sold $42.8 billion of municipal bonds in the first half of 2015, according to data from Thomson Reuters, a 39% year-over-year increase
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31952, p1
Reports on the market performance of the municipal bonds in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Impact of rising oil prices on the trading activity; Volatility of the stocks supporting the fixed-income sector.
- Munis End Flat to Slightly Weaker As Traders Recover Following Rally. Curran, Bill; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/24/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32161, p2
The article presents information about municipal bonds in the U.S. As investors in the U.S. adjusted to the higher prices and lower yields, municipal bonds went far low in light trading. The National Association of Realtors announced that existing home sales slid 0.7% in May 2005 to a seasonally...