Merrill Brings in Bankers to Bolster Key Areas
- Merrill Hires Retirement Investment Chief. // American Banker;2/28/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the appointment of Ronald G. Albahary for the post of chief investment officer of the retirement group of investment banking company Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc.
- Merrill Gives Retail to O'Neal, Banking to Steffens. RING, NIAMH // American Banker;2/15/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 31, p9
Reports on Merril Lynch & Co. Inc.'s reassignment of top executives in its United States private-client group. Handing of responsibility for global banking strategy to veteran John L. Steffens; Naming of chief financial officer E. Stanley O'Neal to head the company's retail brokerage operation;...
- Merrill Moves Five Into Public Finance. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p5
Reports that Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. has added public finance associates and financial analysts to its public finance department. Number of financial associates and financial analysts hired by the company; Name of the associates.
- Ex-Envoy to China Will Join Merrill Board. // American Banker;7/26/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 143, p20
Reports that Merrill Lynch and Co. has elected Joseph W. Prueher to its board of directors. Prueher's previous role as United States ambassador to China from November 1999 to May 2001; Career in the U.S. Navy; President and chief operating officer E. Stanley O'Neal's election to the board.
- Merrill Lynch's Move to More Holistic Wealth Management. Ortega, Ralph R. // Financial-planning.com;12/1/2014, p8
An interview with Michael Liersch, Merrill Lynch's director of behavioral finance, is presented. He explains the banking company's goals-based approach to wealth management, the challenges advisors have dealt with in adopting the approach, and the work that has yet to be done in implementing the...
- Merrill Wants Back in Junk. Bruno, Joe Bel // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/19/2004, Vol. 70 Issue 16, p7
Reports on the business recovery strategy by the banking company, Merryll Lynch and Co. by capturing high-profile financial deals and recruitment of employees. Capital investments; Focus on profitability; Expansion of the leveraged finance origination team; Operations in the bond market.
- Merrill Lynch Veteran Carey Replaces Departing Franklin in Public Finance. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31172, p6
Reports on Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. veteran Jeff Carey's appointment as managing director of the firm's public finance group. Carey's career at Merrill; Background in finance.
- Merrill Names McCann Retail Chief. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jul2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on the selection of Robert J. McCann as the new private client group president of Merrill Lynch as of July 2005. McCann will now oversee the retail group, Merrill's asset-management/mutual fund division, and the equities research and economists' units.
- Merrill CEO Wants Successor by Yearend. // American Banker;1/30/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p20
Reports on plans by Merrill Lynch & Co. chief executive David Komansky to designate a successor by the end of 2001. How long Komansky has served as chief executive officer; Possible candidates for the position.