THIS JUST IN
- EchoStar, Comcast settle as OLN drops playoff puck. Wallenstein, Andrew; Gough, Paul J. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/25/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 6, p6
The article reports that EchoStar Communications Corp. and Comcast Corp. have resolved their carriage dispute over cable network OLN, the companies said Monday. OLN, which carries select National Hockey League (NHL) games, was restored after Dish Network subscribers had gone about six months...
- Hockey Skates Its Own Trail. UMSTEAO, R, THOMAS // Multichannel News;5/21/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 21, p4
The article reports that U.S. cable companies are in the midst of negotiations with the National Hockey League (NHL) for rights to distribute its "NHL Center Ice" pay package after the Major League Baseball owners ratified the league's "Extra Innings" out-of-market package deal with In Demand...
- Untitled. Scully, Sean // Broadcasting & Cable;7/26/93, Vol. 123 Issue 30, p99
Reports on Direct Tv's addition of CNN International and Turner Classic Movies to its line-up of cable services. Availability of the additions on Direct Tv's direct broadcast satellite service; Signing up of 18 channels; Development of 100 or more channels for pay-per-view movies and sports.
- TV VIEWERS STILL WIRED. Lowry, Tom // Daily Variety;3/2/2011, Vol. 310 Issue 42, p1
The article reports that cable, satellite, and telecommunication operators including DirecTV Inc. and Dish Network Corp. have gained 250,000 subscribers in 2010 amidst speculations on cord-cutting.
- AETN to Hit Market With Updated Lifetime. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;5/7/2012, Vol. 53 Issue 18, p13
The article focuses on the cable television company Arts & Entertainment Television Networks (AETN). Sales executive Mel Berning forecasts an increase between five-10 percent in rates for cable television advertising during the upfront advanced sales period for the 2012-2013 television season....
- Options limited to watch Sabres during stalemate. Fink, James // Buffalo Law Journal;1/5/2012, Vol. 84 Issue 2, p4
The article reports that television coverage of games in the National Hockey League (NHL) through the Center Ice package will be blacked out if there is a viewing alternative in the U.S.
- DirecTV to Uncouple Premium Tiers. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p3
Focuses on the plan to update the programming packages of DirecTV Inc. in the United States. Shift of premium sports and movie channels from bundles including basic-cable networks; Price of the individual packages; Simplicity and flexibility of premium tiers.
- DIRECTV: Bringing a Whole New Entertainment Experience. // Siliconindia;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p42
A preview of the DirectTV cable service from DirectTV Inc is presented.
- Digital outreach among top cablers. Levine, Stuart // Variety;9/10/2012, Vol. 428 Issue 5, p20
The article examines Internet marketing and use of social media by the cable television companies Arts & Entertainment Network (A + E Networks).