THROUGH THE WIRE
- Awards Shows Help Push Nets, Cable. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;12/04/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p46
Focuses on the role of award shows in increasing the status of cable television networks in the entertainment industry in the United States. Implication for rating and advertising revenue; Impact of ESPY Awards on ESPN performance in sports entertainment industry; Use of awarding ceremonies to...
- Nets' Branding Efforts Move Beyond the Box. Richmond, Ray // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p42
Focuses on the marketing efforts of cable networks in the United States. Importance of marketing brand images to foster recognition outside the home and cultivate a greater audience base; Impact of brand-extension on the retail sales of the company; Role of the Internet in enhancing brand...
- Name Game:. // CableFAX Daily;4/19/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 76, p1
Reports on the plan of Outdoor Life Network to change its name as of April 2006. Trademarks expected to be used by the network for the change of name.
- Two channels crave cash. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;09/01/97, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p6
Reports that cable television networks Speedvision and Outdoor Life Network are trying to secure financing for their operations. Retention of Morgan Stanley to help line up new financing; Media companies behind the two networks; Financing options for Speedvision and Outdoor Life.
- ZDTV becomes Tech-TV. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the renaming of computer-based technology-oriented television network ZDTV as Tech-TV. Reason for the name change; Brand mission; Increase in the network's original programming budget.
- Kudocast preaches kid autonomy. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;4/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 36, pA1
Reports on the allowance of children to wear, eat and do what they want during the 2002 Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in Santa Monica, California. Importance of providing a sense of autonomy to children; Production of the show to suit the audience; Attitude observed during the event.
- Global auds partake in festivities. Zahed, Ramin // Daily Variety;4/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 36, pA2
Reports on the growing overseas demand for the Kids' Choice Awards of Nickelodeon. Audience response to the show; Theme of the 2002 edition; Offer of localized versions of the show by the network.
- THE NOMINEES. // Daily Variety;4/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 36, pA4
Presents the nominees for the various categories of the 2002 Kids' Choice Awards of Nickelodeon.
- Slime sticks in fans' consciousness. Ciminelli, David // Daily Variety;4/19/2002, Vol. 275 Issue 36, pA4
Highlights the popularity of the slime used to be sprayed on the stars appearing in the Kids' Choice Awards of Nickelodeon. Composition of the substance; Changes in the cause of slime; Reason for the slime's importance to the kids; List of slimed celebrities.