More Adelphia Complications
- Adelphia Bondholders Feud. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/23/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p35
The article reports on the dispute among Adelphia Communications Corp. bondholders over who is the first to collect proceeds from the pending sale of the cable operator to Time Warner and Comcast. The company asked the bankruptcy court to eliminate $3.5 billion in claims on January 17, 2006. In...
- Adelphia, Take 3. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p1
The article reports on cable company Adelphia's filing of a 3rd amended plan of reorganization with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York in relation to its completion of the sale of its assets. Reason for the amended filing is cited. The plan to hold a disclosure hearing is reported.
- 'FOR SALE' SIGN GOES UP ON ADELPHIA ASSETS. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/27/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 39, p1
This article reports that Adelphia Communications Corp., grouped its Northeast Ohio cable TV operations with its systems in the Ohio Valley as one of seven clusters it will use to offer itself for sale. The proposed sale of parts or all of Adelphia is part of the scandal-plagued operator's...
- PInnacle Formulates Reorganization Plan. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;5/6/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p21
Reports on the pre-negotiated reorganization plan that Pinnacle Towers Inc. will file in May 2002. Terms of the agreement between the company and Fortress Investment Group; View of Chief Executive Steve Day on the reorganization; Pinnacle Towers' debt.
- Fortress Said to Be Preparing $4.7B Stuyvesant Town Bid. // National Mortgage News;5/19/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 20, p5
The article reports that a bid to buy Stuyvesant Town-Peter Cooper Village, the Manhattan apartment complex whose future has been in limbo since its owners defaulted on a $3 billion mortgage four years ago, is being prepared New York-based private-equity firm Fortress Investment Group LLC. It is...
- inside media. // MediaWeek;8/7/2006, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p18
The article reports on issues and events related to the mass media in the U.S. as of August 2006. The sale of the assets of Adelphia Communications Inc. to Time Warner Cable and Comcast has been finalized. AOL LLC has launched its AOL Video Web portal. The management at ABC Radio Networks Inc....
- BANKING ITS OPTIONS. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;7/15/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 8, p4
Reports on the selection of UBS AG and Allen & Co. Inc. to manage a possible sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. Plans of the company to emerge from bankruptcy; Cost of the reorganization plan for the cable operator; Commitment of Adelphia CEO Bill Schleyer to pursue the course...
- Adelphia shuffles board of directors. Amdur, Meredith // Daily Variety;7/28/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the reorganization of board of directors by Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. Election of E. Thayer Bigelow Junior and Kenneth L. Wolfe as board members; Effectivity of position; Reason for the reorganization of the board.
- Adelphia Extends Chapter 11 Period. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;10/14/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p46
Reports the extension of the deadline for the reorganization plan of Adelphia Communications Corp. Assets and liabilities of the company; Modification of Adelphia budget and business model; Approval of the legal fees for Adelphia board member Peter Metros.