AT&T Loses Calif. Challenge
- The Final Chapter in the Saga of AT&T v. United States? // Army Lawyer;Jan/Feb2002, Issue 349, p10
Reports on the decision of the U.S. Court of Federal Claims dismissing AT&T.'s claims for failure to state a claim on which relief can be granted against the Navy. Essence of the decision and rationale of the Court of Federal Claims; Decision holding the inappropriateness of reformation.
- Court Finds Employer Failed to Accommodate Religious Employee's Objections to Homosexuality. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;May2004, p80
Reports on the lawsuit filed by AT&T Corp. against Albert Buonanno, a former employee who was fired after refusing to sign a form agreeing to abide by the company's diversity policy in Colorado. Facts of the case; Details of the court proceedings; Opinion of the court.
- Drafting Arbitration Agreements: A Practitioner's Guide for Consumer Credit Contracts. MUNRO, NICOLE F.; COCKRELL, PETER L. // Journal of Business & Technology Law;Jun2013, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p363
The article focuses on the arbitration agreements and how they can be enforced effectively for the protection of creditors against costly consumer class action lawsuits. Topics discussed include the aspects of arbitration clauses that are uneforceable, the need for drafting technique to counter...
- Plaintiffs' Request for ERISA Section 510 Relief Denied. // Legal-Legislative Reporter;Aug2007, Vol. 41 Issue 8, p5
The article focuses on the ruling of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit in the case of Eichorn et al v. AT&T Corp. et al involving a request for relief appropriate for a violation of Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) Section 510. The court agrees with the...
- AT&T v. Allen: Oklahoma Decision More than "O.K." for Class Action Attorneys, But Bad for Business and States. Noel, Charolette F.; Wilson, Rachel A. // Venulex Legal Summaries;2004 Q4, p1
The article focuses on an Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals ruling in AT&T Corp. versus Allen in which it granted certiorari. The decision will make businesses weigh the cost of litigating a class action suit for overcollecting taxes against the audit risk of penalties for undercollecting. AT&T...
- Alarmed by AT&T's actions, security systems dealer files suit. Philippidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;12/12/94, Vol. 33 Issue 50, p7
Reports on Tuckahoe, New York-based businessman Raymond Campo's lawsuit against American Telephone & Telegraph Company. Case background.
- AT&T unit settles discrimination suit in Arkansas. Lenckus, Dave // Business Insurance;6/20/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p7
Reports on the settlement of a gender discrimination lawsuit against AT&T Corp. in Arkansas.
- Viewpoints. // American Banker;3/13/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 49, p4
Presents information on the court case between AT and T and several members at North Carolina banks. Circumstances surrounding the case; Details on the banking industry; Reference to the Community Reinvestment Act.
- I want outta here. // Business News New Jersey;09/14/98, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p3
Focuses on AT&T managers' filing of an age-discrimination lawsuit against the company for allegedly denying the a shot at AT&T's voluntary retirement package.