CAN'T WAIT FOR DOCSIS 3? BOND WITH 2.0 B
- EXPRESS MAIL: Delivering to Multiple Screen. // CED;Nov2010 Supplement 1, Vol. 36, p1
The article discusses the application of multi-screen delivery of video as cable operators sort by technologies that will allow them to provide services and applications to personal computers (PC) and mobile devices in the U.S. The Diffusion Group (TDG) conducted a research which indicates that...
- ARRIS CMTS gets DOCSIS 2.0 label. // CED;Aug2004, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the certification of the Cadant C4 cable modem termination system (CMTS) from ARRIS Corp. as DOCSIS 2.0 qualified by CableLabs Inc. Total number of CMTS granted with the certification; Basis of the certification; Design of the Cadant C4.
- Cable operators target business accounts. Duffy, Jim // Network World;11/1/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 44, p34
The article presents informs that cable multisystem operators are building a strong presence as providers of business telecom services, particularly to small and midsize businesses in the U.S. alone there are approximately 5.4 million SMBs, about 98%, of which are passed by upgraded cable...
- Modems' success simply standard procedure. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;1/8/96, Vol. 230 Issue 2, p32
Discusses issues facing the establishment of acceptable standards for cable modems. Implications for the cable television industry; Proposals concerning cable modem standards; Issue of interoperability.
- IS HIGH-SPEED HIGH RISK? // CED;Aug2001 Supplement, Vol. 27, p26
Focuses on the impact of high-speed cable modem service on cable systems operators in the United States. Efforts of High Speed Access Corp. to ease concerns over the high-speed service; Assessment of consolidations in the industry; Contention on the business failure to ISP Channel. INSET:...
- Mounting the home-based customer on the Net. Flanigan, James // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p10B
Focuses on the technical breakthrough brought by modems to cable television companies. Expansion of ability to access the Internet; Impact on stock markets; Investments of cable companies.
- Cable modem spec nearly finished. Lambert, Peter // Inter@ctive Week;2/10/97, Vol. 4 Issue 3, pI-1
Reports that the interoperable cable modem purchasing specification is nearing completion and will be issued by the consortium of cable operators Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) at the National Cable Show on March 17 to 19, 1997 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Modem and chip makers committed...
- Voice, data play smaller role. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;12/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 25, p6
Focuses on product announcements by cable modem vendors at the 1996 Western Cable Show. Cox Communications' plan to deploy LANcity Personal cable modems in Phoenix; US West's plan to commercially deploy CyberSURFR modems.
- Speaking up. McCarthy, Shira // Telephony;9/16/96, Vol. 231 Issue 12, p36
Looks at the results of the initial testing of cable modems by the cable television industry in the United States. Technical and operational issues; Industry's efforts to educate both employees and customers on the technology; Possible likelihood of the provision of content by cable operators.