Fox News' Friendly Offer
- Analysts See Black Friday Flat-Panel TV Repeat. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/22/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 22, p1
This article reports on the possibility that the holiday promotional period known as Black Friday will draw aggressive pricing activity in 2007, according to key analysts monitoring the consumer television industry. Some of the hot segments to watch out for, analysts claim, include both liquid...
- tech talk: Ask the Expert. Seifi, Mohsen // Asian Pacific Post;2/26/2009, p11
The article presents answers to a question about the longevity of plasma television, as compared to a liquid crystal display (LCD).
- DIGITAL RETAIL MEDIA. // In-Store;Dec2006, p33
The article presents information on several digital media products launched in Great Britain including the LTD121C34S liquid crystal screen television from Toshiba, XL commercial plasma screen from NEC UK and High Definition Serial Digital Interface module from Digital View.
- Television: Acronyms, Specifications, And Geometry. Van Horn, Royal // Phi Delta Kappan;Apr2006, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p629
The article focuses on television formatting, size, and newer model options. The traditional aspect ratio, 1.33, and widescreen aspect ratio, 1.78 are discussed, as well as distortion problems that can occur when a program is viewed in full screen mode. The resolution requirements established by...
- 2005 Flat Panel Roundup. Sauer, Jeff // Video Systems;Oct2005, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p79
Features the technological developments in the current liquid crystal display (LCD) and plasma monitors. Advantages of LCD television products over plasma monitors; Presentation of a chart depicting the various television manufacturers and their flat panel plasma displays model; Availability of...
- BARKAN BOWS 4 TV MOUNTS. // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/18/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p66
The article evaluates several mounts designed for liquid-crystal display (LCD) and plasma televisions from Barkan, including Models 45, 65 and 451.
- Flat of the Land. Kooser, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Jun2006, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p54
The article discusses the pros and cons of liquid crystal display (LCD) and plasma televisions. In the recent times, flat screen televisions have become increasingly popularity at work place. Plasma televisions offer better viewing on screen sizes exceeding 40 inches. They have enhanced viewing...
- Samsung's Shin Reviews TV Plans. Tarr, Greg // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/10/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p8
The article discusses the participation of Sang Heung Shin, color television sales and marketing team visual display division senior vice president of Samsung, at the Global Road Show in New York City. He discussed the company's growing plasma and liquid crystal display (LCD) television market....
- THE HURRIED MAN'S GUIDE TO BUYING A NEW TV. // Popular Mechanics;Jan2012 Supplement, p14
The article offers suggestions for buying a new television (TV). It states that plasma TVs look better in darker rooms, have a wider viewing angle, and images are not likely to blur with movement. It mentions that liquid crystal displays (LCDs) are cheaper and lighter, and LEDs are expensive but...