WGN Adds Disney Pair
- TWEEN FAVORITES ON OFFER. Lisotta, Christopher // Television Week;1/16/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p1
The article reports on the plan of distributor Buena Vista Television to take Disney Channel television shows "Lizzie McGuire" and "Even Stevens" into broadcast syndication for fall 2006. Buena Vista will package the shows in a 3-hour block that stations can use for weekends or break them up...
- BUENA VISTA TEES UP SYNDIES FOR FALL. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;1/17/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 12, p18
The article reports on the decision of Disney Channel to have a rerun syndication for television programs "Lizzie McGuire" and "Even Stevens" in the U.S. Buena Vista Television will handle the rerun by offering the programs as a three-hour block of programming that television stations could log...
- Lifetime buys the show. Rice, Lynette // Broadcasting & Cable;8/19/96, Vol. 126 Issue 35, p60
Reports on Lifetime Television cable network's payment of $600,000 to Buena Vista Television, for the off-network rights to the television series `Ellen.' Date of debut of the show; Other similarly high-priced sales; Buena Vista's sale of Lifetime post-syndication rights to 113 episodes of the...
- Lifetime buys `Ellen' in family deal. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Lifetime Television has bought exclusive rights to Buena Vista Television's `Ellen'. Airing starting fall 1998; `Ellen' price reportedly setting a record; Other previous deals in which a cable network has landed off-network broadcast rights from its parent company's distribution arm.
- Lifetime ups the off-net ante with `Ellen' buy. Hontz, Jenny // Variety;8/19/96, Vol. 364 Issue 3, p26
Reports on Buena Vista Television's sale of exclusive off-net rights to the sitcom `Ellen' to Lifetime Television. Terms of the purchase agreement; Impact on the market.
- The Cablers. Katz, Richard; Graser, Marc // Variety;08/23/99, Vol. 376 Issue 1, p30
Presents updates related to cable television broadcasting in the United States as of August 23, 1999. Information on the deal between Buena Vista Television and Encore Media Group; Reason for the resignation of Fran Shea as acting president of E!; Details on the corporate reorganization of CNN...
- Comedy Central picks up `Make Me Laugh'. // Electronic Media;02/24/97, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p26
Reports on Buena Vista Television's sale of 65 episodes of the television program `Make Me Laugh' to Comedy Central.
- Disney-Kellogg harmony seen on UPN kids block. Sharkey, Betsy // MediaWeek;03/30/98, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p4
Reports on the possibility that Buena Vista Televisions' (BTV) Disney-Kellogg afternoon kids block in United States will be shown on United Paramount Network (UPN). Information on the situation where Buena Vista withdrawed the animated shows compromising Disney-Kellogg syndicated alliance...
- Syndie Insider. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/16/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 24, p13
Presents several news and developments related to broadcasting and cable television industry as of June 16, 2003. Plans of Twentieth Television to launch its television show 'Ambush Makeover,' at the end of June 2003; Selection of Chris Oldre as senior vice president of the eastern region for...