Balance Shifts On Programming Front
- Dish night at EchoStar. Colman, Price // Broadcasting & Cable;09/28/98, Vol. 128 Issue 40, p43
Reports that the EchoStar Communications Corp. had given its Dish Network hardware, a direct broadcasting satellite service (DBS), to customers who have signed long-term contracts for its more expensive programming package in the United States (US). Inclusions of the offer; Reasons people don't...
- Antarctica TV? Rigual, Luis R.; Bustos, Sergio R. // Latin Trade (English);Sep98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p18
Reports on the availability of DIRECTV satellite service from Galaxy Latin America in Antarctica.
- In Asia, it's battle of the broadbands. Halligan, Fionnuala // Variety;3/13/95, Vol. 358 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the competition between the cable television networks Star TV and MTV in Asia. Star TV's Channel V's reinvention of strategy; MTV Asia's launching of two channels from its base in Singapore.
- DirecTV boosts Eye on People. Richmond, Ray // Variety;07/21/97, Vol. 367 Issue 11, p21
Reports on satellite television broadcaster DirecTV's addition of CBS Eye on People cable network.
- Digital Stream into Italy. Zecchinelli, Cecilia // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p25
Focuses on the start of digital satellite television broadcasting of the Stream company in Italy. Details on the digital satellite broadcasting; Information on Stream company; Comment from director Tomaso Lazzari.
- Satellite Systems. // Consumer Reports Buying Guide;1999, p38
Discusses the issues to consider in selecting small-dish satellite-television systems among DSS, Dish Network and Primestar.
- NAT'L GEO'S STAMPEDE. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;01/10/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 27, p15
Focuses on the launching of the cable and satellite network National Geographic Channel in the United States. Factor influencing the launch of the domestic operation; Contribution of the firm Weller/Grossman Productions; Plans of incorporating original and acquired editions for the series.
- Uplink. // Satellite Communications;Mar1998, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p8
Reports that the DirecTV satellite television service will offer subscribers free access to Encore movie channels or a monthly credit toward programming. Response to subscribers' annoyance over the deletion of the Encore group from programming in the spring of 1997. INSET: Reality check. by...
- MSG's sports network playing DirecTV game. // Hollywood Reporter;6/30/95, Vol. 337 Issue 46, p7
Reports on DirecTV's addition of the Madison Square Garden Network to its regional sports programming. Broadcast of the MSG Network nationwide to subscribers of DirecTV Sports Choice package; Number of regional sports networks available on the service; Addition of MSG Network to the Total...