From Chick Flicks to More Originals
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p2
Presents an update on cable television programs in the U.S., as of October 3, 2005. Original TV programs that will be launched by HGTV; Launch of the TV program "America's Cutest Puppy" from Women's Entertainment.
- WE specs for summer. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;6/12/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 48, p8
The article reports that cable broadcaster Women's Entertainment Network (WE) will premiere five original summer specials in the U.S. Fresh from the season-five debut of top show "Bridezillas," WE will launch a female audience-targeted lineup which includes "OMG! Sextuplets," "Chain Gang Girls,"...
- Lawmakers to name Czech TV director. Meils, Cathy // Daily Variety;02/09/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 50, p12
Reports that the Czech government will appoint an interim director for Czech Republic-based television station Czech Television. List of executive candidates for the position; Moral boost of striking Czech TV employees with the arrival of Jim Wilson, director of the international union...
- The doctor is out at Eyemark. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;04/13/98, Vol. 370 Issue 9, p19
Presents information on several news briefs concerning television stations in the United States. Negotiation between Doctor Laura Schlessinger and CBS Incorporated; Appointment of Brooke Karzen as vice president of Buena Vista Television; Promotion of executives at MGM Worldwide Television Group.
- Stations Must Remain Creative Amid Change. Ireland, Jay // Television Week;3/27/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p16
The article reflects on the local television stations business which is undergoing a fundamental change in perspective from the traditional broadcast-centered model to a viewer-centered model in the U.S. in 2006. The author mentioned that the current programming gets distributed through iPods,...
- South East Asia: Eurosport Asia has expanded. // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/7/2007, p54
The article informs that the cable television network Eurosport Asia has expanded to include Japan and improve its Australia programming, through its channels Eurosport and Eurosportnews
- Shedding the 'old generation' reputation. Osaki, Tad // Variety;10/6/2003, Vol. 392 Issue 8, pB2
Reports on the revitalization and diversification of Nippon Television Network in Japan. Features of the building of the company; Development of the company's multimedia strategy; Statement issued by COO Toshio Hagiwara on the company.
- Figure Skating Gets Hot As Olympics Near. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;1/23/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 4, p50
The article reports on the launch of several TV programs in the U.S. which focused on figure skating. USA Network plans to air a daily show which will be called Olympic Ice. WE: Women's Entertainment Co. has commissioned Olympic Gold Medalist Kristi Yamaguchi to host its original series...
- People on the move. // TVB Europe;Feb2003, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
Reports career developments among several executives in the television industry in Europe. Naming of Charlie Mawer as executive creative director for BBC Broadcast; Appointment of Stewart McGhie as technical sales manager of Crystal Vision; Election of David Lowen as new managing director of...