Hiwire Act in Mobile-Video Debut
- Aloha joins mobile-TV game via Hiwire. Weaver, Heather Forsgren; Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;4/24/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p1
This article reports on a plan by Hiwire, a newly minted-subsidiary of Aloha Partners LP, to join competitors MediaFlo and Modeo LLC in offering mobile television (TV) using dedicated spectrum, as of April 2006. Aloha Partners has been buying 700-megahertz spectrum and is ready to put the...
- Modeo's competitors keep eye on prize. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 28, p1
The article looks at the implication of the demise of Modeo L.L.C. for the mobile TV market in the U.S. The closing of Modeo has left Aloha Partners L.P., builder of the HiWire L.L.C. network, as the sole competitor to Qualcomm Inc.'s MediaFLO USA network. The author says MediaFLO USA Inc. is...
- Hiwire, MediaFLO: head to head in Vegas. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p6
The article reports on the plan of Hiwire LLC to begin consumer trials of its mobile broadcast television service in Las Vegas, Nevada which is the same market picked by MediaFLO for its initial launch. Scott Wills, president of Hiwire, said that the location offer the perfect opportunity for...
- 700 MHz auction winds down. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p6
Presents an update on the auction for 700 megahertz C- and D-block wireless licenses in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Bid offered by Aloha Partners LP for the San Diego consolidated statistical market area license in California; Total value of bids received; List of other bidders.
- Mobile TV network No. 3 emerges. Richard, Kevin // Telephony;4/24/2006, Vol. 247 Issue 7, p6
No abstract available.
- HiWire's Aloha expands 700 MHz portfolio. Kapko, Matt // RCR Wireless News;9/24/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p16
The article reports on a agreement signed between Aloha Partners L.P. and LIN TV Corp. The agreement covers the purchase of 32 lower 700 MHz licenses from LIN TV for $32.5 million in cash. The acquisition will boost the company's portfolio to more than 270 licenses in the 700 MHz band, expanding...
- Aloha Partners big winner in 700 MHz auction. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p9
Reports on the bidding for the 700 megahertz C- and D-block radio spectrum auction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission. Estimated total amount of bid; License bidding of Aloha Partners LP; Total bidding credits of Aloha.
- Frost & Sullivan predicts strong future for DVB-H. // RCR Wireless News;2/5/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p30
The article reports on a strong future for the digital video broadcasting-handheld (DVB-H) market predicted by market research firm Frost & Sullivan. It also said that the DVB-H technology, which supports the broadcast of video to mobile devices like cellular telephones, offers a better delivery...
- TV and Broadband Are In Air for AT&T. SPRANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;10/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 41, p12
The article reports that U.S.-based AT&T has acquired spectrum wireless spectrum from Aloha Partners LP for about $2.5 billion. The company is now positioned to offer nationwide broadcast television or high-speed Internet services to mobile devices over its own network infrastructure. The...