Crown Removes Hallmark's 'For Sale' Sign
- Meeting your delivery commitments. Rose, Scott // TVB Europe;Feb2012, p30
The article discusses the important factors for achieving a successful integrated playout system. It states that the focus of playout, as it becomes more integrated, is shifting to upstream process with preparation and content reception that represents the challenges faced by television...
- Still no rising sun for Japanese economy. Osaki, Tad // Variety;4/15/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 9, pA12
Looks at the impact of the economic downturn on the television broadcasting market in Japan. Key factor influencing the budget restrictions of Japanese broadcasters; Television programming of TBS that succeeded in the international market.
- Cable upfront deadlocks. Friedman, Wayne; Linnett, Richard // Advertising Age;6/16/2003, Vol. 74 Issue 24, p3
The article reports that some cable television networks remained unyielding in their demand for price increases that would approach those collected by their broadcast counterparts. Hallmark Channel executive Bill Abbott observed that the cable market had virtually crawled to a standstill....
- Hallmark's Odyssey Takes New Tack. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;04/02/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the renaming of the Odyssey cable television channel to Hallmark Channel. Parent firm Crown Media Holdings Inc.'s reasons for changing the channel's name; Multimedia promotional and advertising campaign that will precede the changeover to Hallmark Channel.
- Measuring TV Everywhere's Progress. // Multichannel News;1/2/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p11
The article focuses on the so-called television (TV) Everywhere services being offered by TV programmers and cable operators. Marcien Jenckes, senior vice president at Comcast Corp., expects more developments that will enable TV Everywhere experiences. Joe Ambeault of Verizon Communications Inc....
- Should You . . . Cut The Cord? // Details;May2015, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p100
The article offers the author's view on cord cutting in cable television (TV). He mentions its potential in reducing cost and prevent ill-mannered cable operators. An overview of various video streaming services including Playstation Vue, HBO Now and Amazon Prime as well as Sling TV is also...
- MTV Latam bows Chile, Peru feed. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;04/18/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 33, p6
Reports that MTV Latin America has added a third feed to the Spanish lingo music channel.
- It's official: Evans Joins hallmark. // Electronic Media;02/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 8, p31
Announces the appointment of David Evans as president and chief executive officer of Hallmark Entertainment Network cable channel.
- Odyssey to Hallmark. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/02/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 14, p16
Announces that Crown Media will change the name of Odyssey Channel to the Hallmark Channel. Recognition of Odyssey among consumers; Image that will be conveyed by the name change; Renegotiation of the agreement between Crown and National Interfaith Cable Coalition; Assistance that will be...