Televisa's Slim Boosts Univision Stake
- Business/Finance:. // CableFAX Daily;7/6/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 129, p3
States that Mexican broadcaster Grupo Televisa has decided that it will not contribute its shares of Univision to Umbrella Holdings, the company that won the bid for Univision. Shares of Grupo Televisa in Univision; Offer made by Umbrella Holdings for Univision.
- Univision Deal Spurs Rival. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/10/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 27, p34
The article reports on the decision of Univision Communications to spurn a buyout offer led by one of its investors and main programming supplier. The move created Univision a new rival. Mexican broadcast giant Televisa is seeking to sell its stake in Univision after failing to acquire the U.S....
- The accent's on restraint, so far. Guider, Elizabeth // Variety;6/26/2006, Vol. 403 Issue 6, p4
The article reports developments concerning the sale of Univision. A consortium led by Haim Saban filed its bid hours after the official deadline, while its rival consortium, led by Televisa, had to scramble after three of its five equity partners backed out. The bids were short of the $14...
- Televisa to bail from Univision. O'Boyle, Michael // Daily Variety;10/11/2006, Vol. 293 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the selling of Grupo Televisa SA's shares of stock of its partner Univision Communications Inc. in the U.S. According to Emilio Azcarraga, president of Grupo Televisa, the company would sell its 9.9% stake after a group of private equity firms won the bidding for the...
- TRICKY TANGO AWAITS SUITORS. De La Fuente, Anna Marie; O'Boyle, Michael // Variety;2/27/2006, Vol. 402 Issue 2, p19
The article focuses on the efforts of Mexican programming supplier Grupo Televisa SA to pursue a court order to relieve it of its programming supply pact with Univision Communications Inc. A spokesman from Televisa says Univision's sale would be convenient, as new owners might agree to a more...
- Televisa cashes in chips. Learmonth, Michael; O'Boyle, Michael // Daily Variety;7/6/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 2, p1
The article reports on the plan of the Mexican television producer Grupo Televisa SA to sell its shares in Univision Inc. Televisa wanted to sell its shares to nullify its 1996 agreement with Univision and conduct business with other television networks. Univision reportedly expected the...
- The Televisa-Univision deal: What it means. Szalai, Georg; Hecht, John // Hollywood Reporter;10/6/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 34, p1
The article presents information on a deal signed between Mexican broadcaster Grupo Televisa and Univision Communications. Under the dea Grupo Televisa will make a comeback as a investor of Univision. Grupo Televis is planning to buy a 5% stake of Univision and Univision will issue new shares in...
- Tiff's settled on Latin label. Bensinger, Ken // Daily Variety;8/24/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 36, p4
Focuses on the multimillion payment made by Grupo Televisa to Univision Communications for the settlement of a dispute over its sale of the record label Fonovisa to the company after the impositon of asset overcharging claims.
- Televisa Buys Into Univision. Marino, Jonathan // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;10/11/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p18
The article offers information on an agreement under which Grupo Televisa will make an investment of 1.2 billion U.S. dollars in Univision.