Cable Eyes Daytime Wins
- Summer Surge Powers Cable to 3Q Win. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 40, p10
Reports the ratings and viewership of cable television for the third quarter of year 2002 in the U.S. Launch of competitive summer television shows by cable television companies; Victory of Lifetime Television network on the primetime household ratings race; Domination on the demographic...
- Bustin' out all over. McAdams, Deborah D. // Broadcasting & Cable;06/12/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 25, p37
Reports on the summer 2000 program lineup of United States cable television networks. Expected spending on programming; VH-1; Launch of original shows; Comedy Central; Turner Network Television.
- Shocking Behavior. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/14/99, Vol. 9 Issue 24, Cable p42
Deals with provocative and offensive programs on cable television. Reasons for showing these programs; Impact on viewership and audience share; Overview of shows from USA Networks, TBS SuperStation, Turner Television Network and other cable networks.
- Lifetime adds threesome for fall. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/95, Vol. 125 Issue 32, p22
Informs about the launching of various television programs sponsored by Lifetime Television on different issues. Airing of `Late Date with Sari,' from October 16, 1995; `Handmade by Design,' from September 11, 1995; `All About You,' from October 1995; More.
- Sports highlight FX remake. Brown, Rich // Broadcasting & Cable;4/22/96, Vol. 126 Issue 18, p53
Focuses on the restructuring of FX cable network by Fox, which will include the broadcasting of sporting events. Sports properties which will be joining the network; FX's programming; Views of Rich Ross, FX's programmer; FX's non-sports-oriented original shows; Names of game shows; Names of...
- TNT Floats New Deal Points. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p2
Reports on the condition of programs of Turner Network Television under the rate-card agreement of the company to cable operators. Programs subjected to blackout; Number of regular-season games to be aired; Acquisition of first-run television rights of the movie 'Lord of the Rings.'
- 'Dead Zone' Enlivens Cable's Viewership. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/24/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p8
Reports the condition of the television program 'The Dead Zone' on the viewership of USA Network. Improvement on the average household rating; Impressions on the performance of the broadcasters; Continuance in the patronage of the program at unprecedented levels.
- That's the way they became the cable bunch. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;06/29/98, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p24
Presents information on the demand from cable television networks for old television programs. Reference to `The Brady Bunch,' and `The Mary Tyler Moore Show,' television programs; Details on the performance of the Nick at Nite cable television network; Comments from Diane Robinson, vice...
- CNN long on long-form. Petrozzello, Donne // Broadcasting & Cable;01/12/98, Vol. 128 Issue 2, p99
Focuses on the plans of Cable News Network to broadcast more long-form news programming. Time network will air documentaries; Debut of `Newsnight,' on January 12, 1998; Indepth look at network's plans.