Upfront on Video On Demand
- Cable getting kicked in ads. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/17/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 51, p1
Reports on the declining demand for cable television advertising in the United States. Effect on cable television companies' programming budgets; Discount rate cable networks are being forced to give some advertisers; Status of theatrical-movie buys.
- Trio Buys Hour on KTLA. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;3/3/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p14
Reports the purchase of television time by Trio cable channel in Los Angeles, California from KTLA-TV to showcase the network's programming in 2003.
- Let's Get Digital. Larson, Megan // Adweek Western Edition;9/24/2001, Vol. 51 Issue 39, pSR24
Discusses predictions for the cable television (TV) industry in the United States in 2002. Increase in cable TV subscriptions; Integration of media services through digital cable; Information on cable/satellite advertising in 2001; Significance of the development of original TV programs.
- Ops Find New Ways to Tap Quiet Giant. Wlatner, Charles // Multichannel News;07/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p37
Focuses on the different approaches used by companies in creating a programming photoclassified channel in the United States. Emphasis on longer advertising segments to reduce administrative hassles; Need for the operators to place classifieds on easy-to-find channels; Importance of marketing...
- Puttin' on the Hits. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/14/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 46, p8
Focuses on the decision of cable television operators to include top-rating programs in their video-on-demand (VOD) services in the U.S. Factors that affect the interest of cable operators to include hit shows in their VOD offerings; Background on the deals entered into by Comcast and DirectTV;...
- Ratings. // Cable World (10427228);4/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p35
Presents charts of the top basic cable advertising-supported programs, network rankings and adult programming for the week April 17-13, 2003.
- Comcast Trumpets 'Rome' Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p51
Deals with the cross-platform, cross-network promotion planned by Comcast Corp. for its video-on-demand (VOD) platform focused on the television series "Rome" at Home Box Office cable television network. Promotion of "Rome" at the online site of Comcast; Use of emails to promote VOD content of...
- The City of Steel Sheds Its Old Ways. // Cable World (10427228);6/30/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 26, p28
Presents information on cable television programming service of Comcast in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Changes to the systems of Comcast after its merger with AT&T; Bandwidth capacity of the company; Basic customers; Basic rate. INSET: MEET THE OPERATOR.
- Net scares up auds. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;5/3/2011, Vol. 311 Issue 21, p6
The article reports on the move of FEARnet in continuing to make strong invasions in its distribution and programming pipelines in New York through getting a major linear and video on demand (VOD) push on Time Warner Cable, Verizon Fios and Comcast Corp., and acquiring a pair of half-hour comedies.