People in the News
- People. // Publishers Weekly;4/24/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 17, p12
Career developments involving employees of the publishing sector in the U.S. are discussed. John Mendelson has been promoted from national accounts manager to director of field sales at Houghton Mifflin. Julia Chieffetz has been promoted from associate editor to editor at Random House Publishing...
- Brave New Blood at Holt. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;9/29/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 39, p5
The author considers the plans of Henry Holt editor-in-chief Marjorie Braman for the publishing company. She mentions some personnel changes at Henry Holt. In an exclusive interview, Braman claimed that her challenge is to cleave the company's traditions. The author believes the time may again...
- Sarah McGrath. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 18, p8
The article profiles Sarah McGrath, executive editor of the publishing company Riverhead, as of May 2014. Topics include the company's critical and commercial success including four bestselling titles in 2013, McGrath's background and education including a degree in English from Harvard...
- For the Younger Set. // Publishers Weekly;11/13/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 46, p74
Features several publishing executives and presents their views on backlist and the impact of backlist titles on sales. Andrew Smith, vice president of marketing at Random House Children's Books; Anita Silvey, publisher of children's books at Houghton Mifflin; Lori Benton, publisher at Harcourt.
- Competing against herself. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;8/29/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 35, p21
Reports on Dell editor Marjorie Braman's acquisition of reprint rights to Elizabeth Berg's novel `Talk Before Sleep'. Personal and career background.
- People. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p34
Presents information on various appointments and promotions at publishing companies in the United States. Promotion of Tracy Quitasol to the post of program development director at The Hearst Group; Naming of Susan Clare Ellis as editor of BabyCenter; Appointment of Ira L. Goodman to the post...
- PEOPLE IN THE NEWS …. // Book Publishing Report;9/24/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p7
Reports developments related to promotions of publishers in the U.S. Appointment of Jane Rosenman as executive editor of Saint Martin's Press; Selection of Cam Cloeter as vice president of distributor sales and retail marketing of Simon & Schuster; Promotion of executives at Ingram Book Group Inc.
- Activities and Publications. Stern, Jenny Seastone // Publishers Weekly;4/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 13, p45
Presents an update on promotional campaigns from U.S. publishers during Spring 2002. Information provided by the Web sites of the Children's Book Council and the Academy of American Poets; Poetry books released by HarperCollins; Recommended books from Harcourt and Penguin Putnam.
- Paperback Giveaways '84. // School Library Journal;Sep84, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p32
Features the 1984 promotional materials offered by paperback publishers for free. Ballantine/Del Ray/Fawcett; Bantam; Clarion.