- Simon & Schuster Punctuates Howard Buy with Osteen Deal. // Book Publishing Report;3/20/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the deal made by Simon & Schuster Inc. with writer Joel Osteen for another religious book that will be released in fall 2007 in New York City. Osteen signed under a co-publishing agreement in which the author gets a small or no advance in exchange for a bigger share in the...
- Atria to Publish the Book on Cool. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p5
Reports on Atria Books' plan to publish a book on what is cool. Topics to be discussed on the book; Target readers for the book.
- People In The News. // Book Publishing Report;11/15/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 44, p5
The article reports that Peter Borland had been appointed as senior editor at Simon & Schuster Inc. imprint Atria Books. Prior to the appointment, Borland worked as a freelance editor and writer for Miramax Books, Time Inc. and other companies.
- Resisting fate. Macskimming, Roy // Quill & Quire;Jan2003, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p11
Comments on the Canadian government's granting of permission for U.S. publishing company Simon and Schuster to acquire Distican. Rules about ownership in the Canadian book industry; Ownership policy's objective of strengthening an indigenous cultural industry; Call for Canadian Heritage...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Simon & Schuster Seeks To Overcome Children's Book Glut With Fall List. // Book Publishing Report;5/31/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the allocation of budget for the publicity of Nancy Farmer's "The Sea of Trolls" children's book by Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing in the U.S. Introduction of fantasy books; Theme of the fantasy novels; Plan of the firm to duplicate the crossover success of the Harry Potter...
- AP, Simon & Schuster Settlement Raises Questions On "Fair Use" // Book Publishing Report;9/6/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 34, p1
Reports that Simon & Schuster Inc. has questioned the Associated Press' copyright law and its haziness on book excerpts in the U.S. Dispute between the two companies on matters involving "fair-use" of copyright materials; Reference to other cases involving similar issue; Factors to determine...
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- Pocket cuts sales staff; consumer group sales off. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/11/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 46, p20
Describes the reorganization occurring at Pocket Books which has cut 15 positions from its sales division. The major factor behind the restructuring; Details regarding the lower consumer group sales of Simon & Schuster (S&S), according to parent company Viacom.