Sesame Workshop Experiences Growth Across All Categories
- Eastern alliances. Amirault, Peggy // Quill & Quire;Mar1997, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p11
Reports that publishers in Canada's Maritime provinces are undertaking strategic diversification and developing a variety of alliances with other publishers and other industries for better growth prospects. Financial challenges faced by Maritime publishers; Business diversification procedures...
- The State of Licensed Publishing in 2014. RAUGUST, KAREN // Publishers Weekly;11/24/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 48, p29
The article discusses the role of electronic books (e-books), digital technology, and consumer behavior in publishers of licensed children's books. Topics include the trend for publishers to secure rights to properties in digital distribution, details on non-profit organization Sesame Workshop's...
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/26/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 33, p6
Presents book publishing-related news items, as of August 26, 2002. Expansion of British publishers' sales; Partnership between Pam Macmillan and Rodale to tap into the burgeoning health and well-being market; Portfolio Books's foray into children's books.
- licensing hotline. Raugust, Karen // Publishers Weekly;3/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 11, p28
Presents news briefs on book licensing as of March 18, 2002. Move of artist Mary Engelbreit to bring her portfolio to New York City; Novels of artist and novelist Thomas Kinkade; Books published by HarperCollins in its tie-in with Sony Pictures.
- Japan: A Publisher's View. Ito, Rika // Publishing Research Quarterly;Summer2005, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p66
This article provides a description of the state of licensing deals in Japan from the perspective of an academic publishing house as of June 2005. The article focuses on five points. One, the current state of the Japanese academic books' market is under the continuing economic recession and the...
- Divorce Court. Kaufman, Joshua J. // License!;Sep2003, Vol. 6 Issue 8, pS8
Discusses key issues concerning the dissolution of business partnerships in licensing deals in the art world. Parallelisms between divorces in marriages and the dissolution of licensing agreements; Scenarios on the dissolution of licensing deals in the art world; Implications on the licensing...
- Lightning Source and Didio Form Alliance. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;3/5/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 10, p39
Reports on the partnership between Lightning Source company based in Tennessee and Didio Communications of Great Britain. Services offered by the two to publishers; Benefits offered by the alliance to both parties; How it will facilitate the way for audio print-on-demand.
- Big Bird and Elmo Go Wireless. // License!;Sep2002, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p8
Reports that Sesame Workshop and Television Tokyo Broadband Entertainment has signed a licensing agreement to produce Sesame Street content for mobile phones in Japan. Details of the agreement; Range of service offerings; Implications on the wireless phone sector.
- Retail Relations. Wilensky, Dawn // License!;Mar2003, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p11
Reports on Sesame Workshop's licensing and merchandising agreements with several companies. Inclusion of a partnership with Hot Topic for a line of 'Sesame Street' junior apparel; Junior shirts and accessories from Junk Food; Sleepwear and intimate apparel from SBH Intimates; Headwear and...