Kaplan Publishing Expanding Title List by 28% in 2006
- The presidents' message. Blumenfeld, Robert // Westchester County Business Journal;4/20/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 16, Special section p2
The author offers information on the inaugural special insert publication of the Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) in the U.S. The inaugural special insert publication provides very valuable information on corporate growth strategies and the activities of the association for the year. The...
- FIGHTING FOR SPACE. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Sep2004, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p5
Coach House Books has become a cause cÃ©lÃ¨bre in Toronto arts circles this summer, as the literary press wrangles with its landlord over redevelopment plans. In late July, owner Stan Bevington held court at a public rally at the Coach House offices-an event that drew more than 500 people....
- Independent in outlook -- but united in purpose. Beale, Claire // Campaign;4/11/2008, Issue 14, p15
The article reports on the move of "The Independent" newspaper to install a new management triumvirate in Great Britain. It reveals that this united trio is determined to uphold the pioneering approach of "The Independent" while intensifying to the different challenges faced by the newspaper...
- Sales Mixed in August. // Publishers Weekly;10/11/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 41, p8
Looks at the sale performance of several companies in the book industry in the U.S. as of August 2004.
- Questar Assessment Inc. Delists Common Stock to Focus on Growth. // Educational Marketer;6/23/2008, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p6
The article reports on the move of American PreK-12 education assessment firm, Questar Assessment Inc. of delisting its common stock to focus on growth. It mentions that the initiative will help the company to accommodate its growth, particularly in revenue streamline in the future. It also...
- Chooseco Looks to Double Sales in 2007; Adding More Audiobooks. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2007, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p9
The article reports on the success of the Choose Your Own Adventure series re-introduced by Chooseco LLC in Waitsfield, Vermont. The company sold more than 1 million copies of the first 18 titles in North America last spring season, and it gained an estimated profit of $1.5 million in 2006. The...
- Effective Writing. Lizotte, Ken // Sales & Service Excellence Essentials;May2005, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p10
Discusses motivations to publish and promote articles and books as part of a business development strategy. Steps to generate articles, books and media attention; Factors to consider in deciding the topic of the article or book.
- The Family Grows. // American Artist;Nov1963, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p4
The article reports on the expansion of Billboard Publishing Company of New York, including its acquisition of Watson-Guptill Publications, and publication of the magazines "American Artist," "High Fidelity," and Amusement Business."
- Red 7 Media seeing green. Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/11/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 28, p1
Reports on the success of publishing firm Red 7 Media in Norwalk, Connecticut. Financial performance; Business strategy; Growth of the firm.