Rodale Still Riding South Beach Sales; Plans More Health Brands
- Rodale and Avery Hope New Wellness Books Will Produce a Healing Effect on Their Profits. // Book Publishing Report;8/11/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p1
Cites the business performance of publishers Rodale Inc. and Avery for the first half of 2003. Dominance of health books in the 'New York Times' bestseller listings; Sale of more than one million copies of Rodale's book 'The South Beach Diet' by Dr. Arthur Agatston; Attribution of the book's...
- Rodale Book Unit Grows Up. // Publishers Weekly;5/2/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the success of the trade group unit of Rodale. Revenue posted by the unit in 2004; Changes in the company's management team; Books published by the company.
- Rodale Still Running With Diet Books, Boosts Online Marketing. // Book Publishing Report;11/8/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 43, p5
The article focuses on issues related to the publishing of books by Emmaus, Pennsylvania-based Rodale Press Inc. The company plans another "South Beach Diet" franchise to be released in March 2005. The company also has plans to publish general nonfiction and a new biography in the coming months....
- Rodale Magazines tones up its customer database. Rubach, Emma // Precision Marketing;1/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 15, p5
Reports that Rodale Magazines, publisher of the 'Men's Health' magazine, is planning too overhaul its database. Intention behind the move; Expectation from the database.
- Rodale launches imprint, new branding campaign. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 14, p17
Focuses on United States-based publisher Rodale Press' expansion of its trade book program. Response to a drop in revenues in 1998; Creation of an imprint called, Rodale Reach; Brand-awareness campaign; Number of books sold through its online bookstore in 1998.
- Rodale launches spirituality line. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;9/23/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 39, p18
Reports on the trade imprint for spirituality called Daybreak Books launched by Rodale Books, subsidiary of Rodale Press Inc. Spring 1997, as time scheduled for three releases; Plan by the imprint to published 12 titles a year; The Daybreak imprint as a key element in Rodale's plans for...
- Per! Hopes to Grow Rodale Books With Fewer Titles, Increased Focus. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p4
The article discusses the new strategy of Rodale Books which is to do more with fewer titles. Liz Perl, publisher of Rodale Books, expects to cut the number of published books to around 90 in 2007. Seventy percent of those titles are coming from its core categories, including health and...
- Rodale's 360 Degrees of Cooperation. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/28/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 30, p13
Provides information on the increase in book sales of Rodale publisher for the first half of 2003. Reason for the success of the book group; Overview of the promotional activities done by Rodale for the book 'The South Beach Diet'; Men's magazine brands offered by Rodale. INSET: Expanding the...
- Book Gains Drive Sales at Rodale. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/15/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 11, p7
Reports on the increase in the sales of Rodale book store group in 2003. Revenue earned by the company; List of books that have contributed to the sales increase; Number of book copies printed by the company.