San Diego Council to Consider $108M Tobacco Securitization
- San Diego CEO Goldstone Named Permanent Chief Operating Officer. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32719, p3
The article announces that Jay Goldstone has been appointed as San Francisco, California's chief financial officer.
- Goldstone Will Chair The MSRB. Hemmerdinger, Jonathan // Bond Buyer;7/30/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33755, p1
The article announces that Jay Goldstone has been appointed as chief financial officer and chief operating officer at the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board for San Diego, California. INSET: MSRB Names San Diego CFO Jay Goldstone to Be Board's Chairman.
- Dallas Tapping Into $1.35B Authorization With $129.7M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/11/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32647, p42
The article reports on the major municipal projects in Dallas, Texas, which are observed to have the first inflow of cash from the $1.35 billion of general obligation bonds approved by voters in November 2006 with a competitive sale of 129.7 million. According to David Cook, the city's chief...
- Person in Focus: Jay Goldstone. // Bond Buyer;9/27/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33789, p6
The article discusses education, work experience and hobbies of the incoming chairman Jay Goldstone of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board.
- Derivatives users stay the course. // U.S. Banker;Jun95, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the survey conducted by Emcor Risk Management Consulting on the use of derivatives by financial executives in the United States. Percentage of respondents who made changes in their risk management policies; Reception to the prospects of greater regulation or derivatives legislation.
- Atlanta OKs CFO, Hires Consultants For Financial 'Turnaround Plan'. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/5/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32997, p5
The article reports that the city council of Atlanta, Georgia has confirmed the nomination of Jim Glass to become the city's new chief financial officer (CFO) with a salary of $215,000 a year. Aside from the hiring of a new CFO, the council is also spending up to $850,000 to hire a team of...
- Detroit City Council OKs $1.2B bond sale to cover pensions. Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;2/7/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p2
This article presents information on the Detroit City Council which voted 8-0 on Friday to approve the sale of $1.2 billion in bonds to refinance the city's pension obligations. The approval saves the city $80 million toward balancing its current budget shortfall of an estimated $250 million,...
- Top 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;8/6/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33759, p3
The article offers business news briefs of as of August 3, 2012 on topics including appointment of Jay Goldstone as chief financial officer by the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), seven new board members appointed by the MSRB and Jackson Securities LLC has been spun off by Atlanta...
- Councils scale back test purchase visits. WALKER, GAELLE // Convenience Store;8/28/2015, p8
The article reports on the decline in the number of councils in England that had conducted test purchase operations with volunteer young people, according to the findings form the tobacco control survey of trading standards activity in 2013-2014.