MSRB Proposes Revisions to G-14's Muni Trade Reporting Provisions
- Critics Question Web Site's 'Worst Spread' Conclusions. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;1/22/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31557, p4
Focuses on a bonds-based web site MunicipalBonds.com. Reference to a report regarding transaction reports of Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board; Founder of the web site; Overview of a lawsuit filed by Kevin Olson, executive director of the web site against several municipal broker-dealers...
- Rule G-38: A potential minefield for muni professionals. Cummins, John // Bond Buyer;
Reports on Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's Rule G-38, regulating the use of consultants in obtaining or retaining municipal securities business in the United States. Discussion on four parts of Rule G-38; Potential trap for any dealer.
- MSRB Warns Underwriters On Bondholder Consents. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/8/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33660, p1
The article reports on the move of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) in drafting an interpretive notice warning underwriting of bonds that may violate fair-dealing rule if the agreement of elimination of reserve fund will take place in Washington.
- EMMA Now Displays More Primary Offering Data. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;5/7/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33907, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board EMMA website will now display both the initial offering dollar price and as well as yield for a bond.
- MSRB: Be Aware Of BABs. HUME, LYNN // Bond Buyer;6/13/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33928, p1
The article informs that the U.S. Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) is asking to bond investors and dealers for reviewing the redemption provisions of Build America Bonds (BABs) and direct-pay bonds to determine the impact of redemption on the bonds' market value.
- MSRB notice on POS's opens the floodgates for Internet posting. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;03/17/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30600, p34
Reports on United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's notice on electronic filing of preliminary official statements of bond broker-dealers and issuers. Transmission of certain information to customer electronically.
- MSRB: Expand Pricing Data. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/07/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30720, p1
Reports on the proposal of the United States Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to provide market participants with expanded daily pricing and other information on municipal securities transactions. Total par value traded and high, low, and average price for the day.
- TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;8/8/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33561, p4
The article lists top online stories related to the bonds market in the U.S. which include the warning of the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board to financial advisers which states that engaging in bank loans may qualify as private placement activities and another on Central Fall's bankruptcy.
- MSRB's real-time reporting demo is a revelation. Stanton, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/04/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30739, p27
Reports on the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board's real-time bond price reporting demonstration in the United States. Frequency of trading; Information on the demonstration on the board's Web site; Exemptions to tight-spread pricing.