Position of Strength
- WDA's Dragon draws fire over cash. Jones, Neil // Estates Gazette;10/1/2005, Issue 539, p43
This article focuses on the accusation against the Welsh Development Agency over its use of public cash to compete with private developers for an office building program. Welsh Conservative economic development spokesman Alun Cairns said the proposals would put the public sector against private...
- Carlton lateral adds to water 'loop' around the valley. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;08/21/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p24
Reports developments related to public works in Las Vegas, Nevada as of August 2000. Construction of the Carlton Square Lateral; Creation of the Department of Field Operations; Appointment of Larry Haughness as the director of the Department of Field Operations.
- Dubai seeks consultant for Union Square real estate plan. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;6/19/2009, Vol. 53 Issue 25, p14
The article reports on the invitation made by the Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) to consultants at Deira in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. These consultants are being invited to draw up and discuss plans for the design of the real estate development above the underground Union Square metro...
- Agency answers its private-sector critics. Quinn, David // Estates Gazette;9/27/2003, Issue 339, Special Section p24
Presents an interview with Karen Yeomans, director of development and partnerships at Advantage West Midlands, about the criticisms on the agency's aims and intentions. Speculations on the management strategies of the agency; Comments of private real estate developers on the agency; Aims of the...
- EJM Development has designs on local realty market. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;7/12/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the agreement between EJM Development Corp. and Clark County Department of Aviation in Nevada. Development of the Arroyo business park by EJM; Share of the county from the profit of the park; Selection of LM Construction Co. as the general manager of the development; Information about...
- BUILDING OWNERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT. // Buildings;Sep2006, Vol. 100 Issue 9, p66
Several charts are presented showing the Building Census in the U.S. divided into five categories building ownership and development, building management, corporate real estate, institutional owners and government agencies.
- CONFUSION REIGNS. Elghamry, Nadia // Estates Gazette;11/24/2007, Issue 747, p146
The article focuses on the confusion expressed by real estate developers over the future structure and function of investment agency Scottish Enterprise (SE) in Glasgow, Scotland. A spokesman for SE assured that the government's review of the enterprise networks has offered the agency a clear...
- Better land management goal of new city division. Miller, Jay // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p3
The article reports that the city of Cleveland in Ohio is planning to consolidate its real estate operations into a new Real Estate Division under the Department of Community Development. The new division would ensure better management and marketing of residential and industrial properties that...
- Stricter wetlands rules fail in Senate. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/14/2008, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p40
No abstract available.