The magic of Larry and Magic
- THE RESEARCHER AND THE MANAGER: A COMPARATIVE VIEW OF THE NEED FOR MUTUAL UNDERSTANDING. Duncan, W. Jack // Management Science;Apr1974, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p1157
This paper concerns itself with the problem of managerial implementation of scientific research. It employs a survey technique designed to test the manager's and researcher's reactions to propositions developed by Churchman and Schainblatt , Bennis , and Dyckman . The sample surveyed...
- Promoting lifetime literacy through authentic self-expression and intrinsic motivation. Sanacore, Joseph // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Apr97, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p568
Focuses on using self-expression and intrinsic motivation for literacy learning. Encouraging classroom talks that stresses the importance of student interaction; Highlighting problem solving approach; Guiding students in expressing themselves; Cultivating intrinsic motivation.
- Some Correlations of Communication Roles in Organizations. Roberts, Karlene H.; O'Reilly III, Charles A. // Academy of Management Journal;Mar1979, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p42
This paper is part of a large-scale research program concerned with organizational communication. The purpose here is to examine a set of variables possibly associated with the communication roles (isolate or participant) people occupy at work. The findings indicate that communication isolates...
- Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Forms. Osterloh, Margit; Frey, Bruno S. // Organization Science;Sep/Oct2000, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p538
Employees are motivated intrinsically as well as extrinsically. Intrinsic motivation is crucial when tacit knowledge in and between teams must be transferred. Organizational forms enable different kinds of motivation and have different capacities to generate and transfer tacit knowledge. Since...
- CREATION OF FAVORABLE USER PERCEPTIONS: EXPLORING THE ROLE OF INTRINSIC MOTIVATION. Lee, Allen // MIS Quarterly;Jun99, Vol. 23 Issue 2, Preceding p145
This article presents an executive overview of the article "Creation of Favorable User Perceptions: Exploring the Role of Intrinsic Motivation," by Viswanath Venkatesh.
- A Short Instrument for Assessing Intrinsic Motivation for Physical Activity. Cuddihy, Thomas F.; Corbin, Charles B.; Dale, Darren // Physical Educator;Late Winter 2002, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p26
Develops a short form of the Intrinsic Motivation Inventory (IMI) to be used in research or instructional settings when time for data collection is limited. Administration of repeated assessments of physical activity and intrinsic motivation; Details of IMI hierarchical model of four moderately...
- Intrinsic motivation and academic achievement. Dev, Poonam C. // Remedial & Special Education;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p12
Offers educators an insight to the effects of intrinsic motivation on the levels of academic achievement in children with and without disabilities. Definition of motivational attributes; Strategies in enhancing intrinsic motivation according to research findings.
- What's in It for Me? // Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology;Sep2000, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p279
Discusses the abstract of the article 'A meta-analytic review of experiments examining the effects of extrinsic rewards on intrinsic motivation,' by E.L. Deci, R. Koestner & R.M. Ryan, which appeared in an issue of the 'Psychological Bulletin.'
- Expressing Intrinsic Motivation Through Acts of Exploration and Facial Displays of Interest. Reeve, Johnmarshall; Nix, Glen // Motivation & Emotion;Sep97, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p237
Intrinsically-motivated behavior has been defined through participants' task persistence, during a free-choice interval. While fruitful, this operational definition assesses only the person's postperformance reaction to an activity. Presumably, people experience and express intrinsic motivation...