Munis Little Changed With Negative Tone
- Secondary Sluggish; Massachusetts Sells $181 M. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/18/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32362, p2
The article reports on the slow movement of the municipal secondary markets in the U.S. on April 17, 2006. The sluggish condition of the municipal secondary markets is due to the tentative finish experienced by traders in the securities markets across the country in the second week of April....
- Detroit area lags in study of climate for business. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;03/13/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the results of the study commissioned by the state of Michigan comparing cities which provide good climate for business costs. Top ranking garnered by Grand Rapids; Study conducted by the Anderson Economic Group; Near state averages of Michigan's workers' compensation rates.
- Secondary Loan Market Not So Secondary. // High Yield Report;9/17/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p3
The article reports on the increase in the number of trades in the secondary market in the U.S. in August 2007. According to the data from trading settlement house ACBS ClearPar, the number of trades in the secondary market raised to 18,000 in August from 10,000 in May 2007, while trades in the...
- Want Some Action? Head To The Secondary Market. Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;7/19/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p2
Comments on the performance of the secondary market in the United States in June 2004.
- Formal/Informal/Ilegal: Los Tres Circuitos de la EconomÃa Espacial en AmÃ©rica Latina. Valenzuela-Aguilera y. Rafael Monroy-Ortiz, Alfonso // Journal of Latin American Geography;2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p117
Three economic networks overlap in Latin American cities: the formal, informal and illegal. This novel spatial configuration is related to the regional dynamics that the global financial market demands, where public policies reproduce the conditions for informality and illegality to exist,...
- The mighty metropolis. Lefevre, Mathieu; Mastini, Riccardo // World Today;Feb2015, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p12
The article examines the rise of international cities and how they will shape future. Topics discussed include the bulk of urban population growth in Asia and Africa, the common challenges facing metropolis, and their approach in addressing the common challenges. The rise of cities as an...
- Bankruptcy filings increase 10% in November. Thurston, Lawson D. // Caribbean Business;12/27/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p11
The article reports on the increase of bankruptcy of businesses in Puerto Rico in November 2007. According to the Puerto Rico Bulletin, a local bankruptcy data gathering service, that there was a 10% increase on bankruptcy filings in November 2007 when compared to the same month of the previous...
- Telecom Moves Up;Europe is Short. Appin, Rick; Husband, Sarah // High Yield Report;8/6/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 31, pN.PAG
Focuses on the secondary market of the U.S. and Europe. Improvement in the telecommunication sector; Price of auto supplier Dana Corp's notes; Financial performance of Telewest for the second quarter of 2001.
- ESTABLISHING SECONDARY MARKET IN ETHIOPIA: BENEFITS AND COSTS STUDY. Kannan, A. S.; Ejigu, Letenah // Indian Journal of Commerce & Management Studies;Jan2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p8
Review of the existing literature indicates that securities markets contribute to economic growth by mobilizing saving and channeling it to productive investment. Ethiopia, though having growing markets for primary issues of equity and debt securities, does not have a secondary market and as a...