Idaho Rides Garvee Train
- Louisiana OKs $357M In G0 Zones. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/21/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32365, p1
The article reports on the preliminary and final approval made by the Louisiana State Board Commission pertaining to the requests from the applicants, seeking to use some of the 7.9 billion dollar of private-activity bonds that the state had at its disposal as a result of the federal Gulf...
- ANALYSIS OF PRESENT REGULATORY PROBLEMS. // Congressional Digest;May61, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p138
Analyzes problems faced by the U.S. government in regulating the transportation industry. Steps needed to be taken by the government to develop a system of public transportation; Need to reform the structure and procedures of the independent agencies affecting transportation; Contemporary...
- Meeting the needs of Valley students. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;1/23/2004, Issue 323195, p22
Focuses on the proposition about the billion bond issue that would provide funds for k-12 schools, community, colleges, universities and state colleges. Efforts of the state in meeting the need of the students; Bond issue faced by the Clovis and Central Union School District; Allocation for...
- N.J. Transportation Trust Authority Set for $325 Million Sale. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/16/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31204, p3
Reports on the decision of the New Jersey Transportation Trust Fund Authority to sell bonds for funding the state transportation capital plan. List of financial advisers of the deal; Advantages of a short-term serial structure to retail investors; Support from general revenues and trust fund plans.
- Litigation Threat Dispelled, Wisconsin Sells $285M of GOs. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/23/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31746, p4
Reports on the sale of the general obligation bonds of Wisconsin. Emergence of threats over a dispute involving transportation borrowing; Approval of all borrowing authorizations; Increase of transportation bonding authorization.
- OFFICIAL STUDIES OF TRANSPORT PROBLEMS. // Congressional Digest;May61, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p136
Examines various official studies on the problems of American railroads and the transportation industry as a whole and the role of Federal Government in the regulation thereof. Inquiries prior to World War II; Investigation of 1944; Inquiries since World War II; U.S. Senate study of 1950-51.
- Transportation Funding. Cohen, Jackie // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p37
The article reports on the proposed regional transportation plan for the island of Oahu, Hawaii, which involves bond funding in addition to the money from the federal government and local taxes.
- Ohio Launching New Bond Fund Program to Aid Highways. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;7/18/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32921, p3
The article reports on the launch of a new federal bond fond program under the state infrastructure bank to finance highway and transit projects in Ohio. It is stated that the new federal bond fund would operate under the state infrastructure bank program and would resemble a state bond fund...
- Baltimore Eyes Debt Limit. Smith, Nicole M. // Bond Buyer;8/28/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32454, p35
The article reports on taking a fresh look at the self-imposed annual limit of bond sales in Baltimore, Maryland. State officials found the advantages of the self-imposed bond limit but they also determines that such limit might not be in touch with the development of the city. However, if...